Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Name Loses Its 'Current' Status

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
GPSJane
208 Views, 2 Replies

Project Name Loses Its 'Current' Status

I have begun using project default search paths, which is fantastic but I have an issue where every file loses it's search paths. Let me explain what I did;

In option I set up a system project name to (example) "XYZ". In XYZ I set up several paths.

I set PROJECTNAME to "XYZ" in the file I am working on.

I did 2 things from there:

1. I moved an already inserted raster to that path. I also attempted to remove the path from the xref, which did nothing.

2. I inserted a raster but specified, No Path.

My images were fine on Friday but this morning they simply would not load. Moving 1. back to it's original path help for that one but the 2. had to be reinserted.

I checked PROJECTNAME which showed me <"XYZ"> as the current project name.

It was only when I called someone for help that I realised that the project name in Options did not show up as being current (icon gets a lightning bolt).

I set "XYZ" as current in Options and voila! my images are back.

If I clear the current project then set PROJECTNAME all is fine, until I shut down ACAD and open the file again and the project is no longer 'current'. How do I set this permanently? The person I called said its fien for them so something is wrong here.

Another thing; how do I really remove the path from an xref?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: GPSJane

PROJECTNAME variable is a 'per file" string setting: but the whole process of setting project paths relies on accessing the Windows Registry.

Are you in a Windows User restricted account? Are you running AutoCAD in anything other than full network administrator (since I presume your projects are on a company server and local to your PC)?
Are you employing some sort of Windows Registry Cleaner? Or is your anti-virus "helping" to keep the Registry clean?
Do you use XREFs? Do they have matching PROJECTNAME settings in each file?

HELP says:

"Change Reference Paths in Multiple Drawings (Advanced)

When you relocate drawing files or the external files that they reference, including other drawing files, text fonts, images, and plot configurations, the reference paths that are saved in the drawing need to be updated. The Autodesk Reference Manager lists referenced files in selected drawings and provides tools to modify the saved reference paths without having to open each drawing file. You can also use Reference Manager to identify and fix unresolved references.
Reference Manager is a stand-alone application with its own Help system. To access it, click Start menu (Windows) (All) Programs  Autodesk  AutoCAD  Reference Manager. If you are working on a network, it may not have been installed on your computer.
WarningReference Manager is intended primarily for CAD managers who thoroughly understand paths. It changes multiple paths at once, and you cannot undo your actions. Use extreme caution, especially if you are working on a network."

Message 3 of 3
GPSJane
in reply to: GPSJane

I think there is a bug and will update here if AutoCAD confirms this.

I had also set the project on multiple files and it added too many apostrophes to the name e.g. XYZ gets apostrophes around it; "XYZ" then somehow gets saved again with more apostrophes; ""XYZ"" so that it is not recognised and therefor all my paths are not searched.

I have fixed it by manually setting the project name in all my files and I have reported it to AD.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost