Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with copying/pasting any object in AutoCAD 2012

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
520 Views, 4 Replies

Problems with copying/pasting any object in AutoCAD 2012

So I was working on a landscape masterplan for a project of a peolice facility. I would like to share the drawing but I can't because it's sensitive. The problem started out of nowhere. I was just copying several blocks/lines from one drawing to another and it was working fine. I've never had problems with it before, but suddenly it stopped working. I thought that maybe what I was copying was out of scale or something simple but now I cannot copy or paste anything. Even within the same drawing. I purged the drawing and I audited it but still no fix. I also restarted my computer hoping that it was a problem with the clipboard, but the clipboard seems to work with everything but AutoCAD. Even when I try to copy/paste one line, it usually doesn't paste anything. The weirdest thing is that sometimes, even if I am trying to copy the same exact line, it pastes different things! Sometimes it will paste the letter "C" (exploded in line format) or the letter "T" the same way "C" is put in. It even pasted in a compass symbol even though I have never used that symbol in any of my drawings. I can't seem to find anyone with the same problem that I am having, and this is really troublesome because I use this function all the time. I know there are other ways to go about doing this but I don't want to make hundreds of blocks just to copy things. So if anyone could give me a funtional explaination, I would really be greatful.

Thanks In advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
virgilio_benedictos
in reply to: Anonymous

hi Acridz,

try to use  INSERT command after you paste and did'nt appear.. then you can see it in the panel the preview... insert it... but be sure that the explode check box is checked..

hope this will help

regards

Ver

Message 3 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

if you want to make sure you don't export anything structural/internal you don't like to would be to plot to DWF or PDF.

The other things like copy and paste and getting objects pasted you have not selected for copying sounds strange. Would be great now to see what your commandline has as info written down while pasting. At least copying a line (that is not part of a block) should get a line in the destination drawing. Everything else is surprising and let me think you have copied e.g. a block with a name that is already defined in the other/destination drawing.

If you can reproduce anything of that strange things then let is see the drawings and show us a video so we see what you get (e.g. using >>>Autodesk Screencast<<<).

Might help too: have you installed the latest service pack for your AutoCAD?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 5
Murph_Map

When you copy and paste you are using a temp file in your users data folder. EX "C:\Users\BOB\AppData\Local\Temp" where BOB is your users name. Try to clean up that folder.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: virgilio_benedictos

Actually, through much trouble I learned that there was something
corrupt about the .dwg file the other company had given me, which it
turn corrupted my files when I tried to copy things to them. After
re-installing AutoCAD and copying both files into new drawings, I was
able to fix the problem. I wish there was another way though because
this took a lot of time. Thanks for your reply though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost