Did you mean: 

Problems with AutoCAD 2015 Service Pack 2

29 REPLIES 29
SOLVED
Message 1 of 30
MBCT
3783 Views, 29 Replies

Problems with AutoCAD 2015 Service Pack 2

Anyone having problems after installing SP2? 

PRE-AutoCAD service pack 2.PNG

For the Rrecord this is what it looks like after un-installing SP2...

PRE-AutoCAD service pack 2.PNG

29 REPLIES 29
Message 2 of 30
lrlandusky
in reply to: MBCT

Yes.  I'm thinking it's an issue with the Text Style.  I was able to get mine to look normal again after changing the fonts and deselecting the "big fonts" box.  Anything that was mtext updated automatically, but anything simple text had to be edited for one piece and then I could match properties to the others that were supposed to be the same.

I submitted a ticket to subscription in hopes they come back with a quick solution.

-Lance

Message 3 of 30
durentech

YES!! I have the same problem with text in my title blocks. I didn't notice at first because I was so eleated about the horizontal scroll bar being added back in with SP2. I too told my reseller about this and sent some ACAD files as well as PDF's I made.

Message 4 of 30
Ron-C
in reply to: durentech

FYI

Some of my SP2 installs are failing with error "Unable to install  msvcp110.dll is missing"

on Win 7 64bit OS

I copied this file from another PC and put in in "C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_2015_english_win\64bit\dlm\x64\en-us\acad\setup"

This is where it is located on the other PC.

But this did not help

Anyone seen this ?  Anyone found a way to correct this ?

Message 5 of 30
pendean

I'm waiting to see what everyone else has problems with first before installing it: so far it seems shaky like the beta that killed it for some users according to reports around here..
Message 6 of 30
dan908
in reply to: pendean

Hello,

At Autodesk we have researched the problem you bring up. Until we can resolve the problem, please do one of the following:

Uninstall the service pack by:

1. Start Control Panel.

2. Click Programs.

3. Click Programs and Features.

4. In the Programs and Features window, in the left pane, click View Installed Updates.

5. Find the appropriate Service Pack in the list of updates. Click Uninstall.

Or, in the _STYLE dialog, uncheck "Use Big Font"

Or, substitute ROMAND.SHX font for the SHX font you are having trouble with by copying the font ROMAND.shx and renaming that copy to the name of the problem shx font. The problem font should be renamed to OLD_ and not overwritten.

We are working on this problem, thank you for the report.

Symptoms: Text placed in incorrect locations, Open command hangs drawing

Problem: Western SHX fonts and the check mark Use Big Fonts

Dan

AutoCAD Quality Assurance Manager
Message 7 of 30
durentech
in reply to: dan908

If it helps in finding a resolution I can tell you that the fonts exhibiting
the odd behavior are attributes.

I tried to uncheck the Use Big Font box in my text styles that were acting
up and that fixed some but made others even worse.
Message 8 of 30
DarrenP

another issue with Autocad 2015 SP2 with the Plant 3d 2015 Extension 1 installed

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-plant-3d-general/autocad-plant-3d-2015-extension-1-now-release...

also requires uninstalling SP2 for Autocad 2015

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 30
MBCT

I appreciate all the responses, and suggestions on how to "WORK AROUND" the problem. However I do not consider this issue resolved and would appreciate the "PROBLEM SOLVED" removed from this post until it is actually SOLVED. I had already stated in my post that uninstalling the SP2 fixed the issue; going through thousands of drawings (all made prior to SP2) and unchecking the "Use Big Font" is harldy a resolution. 

Me:"When I move my arm like this , it hurts"

Autodesk "Dont move it like that. Problem solved!"

really?!

Message 10 of 30
nestly2

MBCT wrote:

However I do not consider this issue resolved and would appreciate the "PROBLEM SOLVED" removed from this post until it is actually SOLVED. I had already stated in my post that uninstalling the SP2 fixed the issue; going through thousands of drawings (all made prior to SP2) and unchecking the "Use Big Font" is harldy a resolution. 

As the Topic starter, I believe you should see an option to change the post marked as a "Solution" as "Not  the Solution"  (check in the Options drop down at the top right of each post)

Message 11 of 30
MBCT
in reply to: nestly2

nestly2 wrote:

As the Topic starter, I believe you should see an option to change the post marked as a "Solution" as "Not  the Solution"  (check in the Options drop down at the top right of each post)

Color me embarrased... Thank you!

Message 12 of 30
Ron-C
in reply to: Ron-C

Unable to install msvcp110.dll missing
Solved.......user only had 2014 ver install DA !
Message 13 of 30
lrlandusky

MBCT - check it out, your pic is now used in the how to help AutoCAD's messed up service pack:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Text-ap...

I guess whatever we upload here becomes the property of Autodesk - a good reminder for anyone uploading screenshots or CAD files.  The subscription support guy that got back to me sent me the link above to "resolve" the issue.  Hopefully they will fix it soon.

-Lance

Message 14 of 30
oohaah
in reply to: lrlandusky

I tried opening a drawing with 3d piping and base views on the sheet and autocad stalls at Loading modeller DLLs.

Going to uninstall SP2, can't be bothered finding a solution.

Message 15 of 30
durentech
in reply to: lrlandusky

I was checking to see if Autodesk's workaround for renaming fonts as described in the link would work. With one text style I did fix the issue by just changing fonts in the text style...not exactly the same as renaming the same font file. I had another text style that was going whacky but each time I opened the text style for editing AutoCAD would freeze up. Tried it 3 times and then thought better of trying again and uninstalled SP2. I'm using 2014 anyway...no big problems with that release. AutoCAD 2015 is taking the lead over Release 13 for the worst versions ever. 

Message 16 of 30
dan908

Hello,

We have prepared a hotfix for these certain shx fonts that will be released soon to everyone through the application manager. It takes some time to set that up, so if you would like to get it right now, send me an email and I can get it out to you as soon as I see the request. Also we will update the knowledge article with the hotfix as soon as we can, but it takes more time than me emailing so if you want the SP2 right now, send me a quick email that just says "shx fix request". I know for deployment etc it is a little bit more difficult to work with a loose hotfix like this, but I am trying to provide the solution as quickly as possible.

Dan

feedbackacad@autodesk.com

Dan

Message 17 of 30
braudpat

Hello Durentech

Sorry you can't compare ACAD 2015 to ACAD R13, it's too SOON !

I have used : R13c1 , R13c2 , R13c3 , R13c4 , R13c4a ... I agree : it was the WORST ACAD !!

On DOS386 and on Win 3.1 with the "infamous" WIN32S ...

During about 2 years we have to "play" with this very bad version ... Please don't remind me this period !?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 18 of 30
durentech

Thank you for offering to send a fix prior to it being officially released. I'm using AutoCAD 2014 for now so I can wait for the official version. Thanks for letting us know there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Message 19 of 30
dan908

The hotfix is now officially posted at:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-C2-AE-autoca...

Dan

Message 20 of 30
durentech

In response to someone accepting as a solution...I did the hot fix and my text issues were resolved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost