Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Downloading AutoCAD 2015 trial

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Masonengineer
5243 Views, 9 Replies

Problems Downloading AutoCAD 2015 trial

I have been trying to download AutoCAD 2015 trial for the past day, not to mention waiting the past 30 mins to chat with some one on how to fix this problem.

When I click the install now button the setup file downloads but upon running I have yet to get past the Akamai NetSession screen. It "install Failed" error box, and then upon closing that tells me that there was a network problem. IT couldn't figure out why the installation worked on the computer directly across from me but not mine.

I finally found a direct download link for AutoCAD 2015 but this file never downloads completly, instead prematurely ending, and upon attempting to run gives a corrupt file box. 

I have tried to download after disabing UAC, my firewall, antivirus. I did have AutoCAD 2013 Educational on my computer but have since uninstalled it and deleted the associated files. I have restarted my computer multiple times and tried to download the software with various settings and methods at least 20 times with no luck. 

My company just moved and upgraded to newer computers so it is suprising that while the engineer I share an office with had no trouble with downloading and opening the software I have not been able to do so.

If any one has any information on how to possibly fix this problem I would greatly appreciate it.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ameriglass2
in reply to: Masonengineer

i am having exactly the same problem of trying to install or download autocad 2015.

I have called the support line but nothing gets resolved.

NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Masonengineer wrote:

I have been trying to download AutoCAD 2015 trial for the past day, not to mention waiting the past 30 mins to chat with some one on how to fix this problem.

When I click the install now button the setup file downloads but upon running I have yet to get past the Akamai NetSession screen. It "install Failed" error box, and then upon closing that tells me that there was a network problem. IT couldn't figure out why the installation worked on the computer directly across from me but not mine.

I finally found a direct download link for AutoCAD 2015 but this file never downloads completly, instead prematurely ending, and upon attempting to run gives a corrupt file box. 

I have tried to download after disabing UAC, my firewall, antivirus. I did have AutoCAD 2013 Educational on my computer but have since uninstalled it and deleted the associated files. I have restarted my computer multiple times and tried to download the software with various settings and methods at least 20 times with no luck. 

My company just moved and upgraded to newer computers so it is suprising that while the engineer I share an office with had no trouble with downloading and opening the software I have not been able to do so.

If any one has any information on how to possibly fix this problem I would greatly appreciate it.

Message 3 of 10
JDMather
in reply to: Masonengineer

@Masonengineer wrote:

... IT couldn't figure out why the installation worked on the computer directly across from me but not mine.....

The download install files are (were) on the other machine.  In fact, probably twice - the compressed download files and the extracted install files (and the actual Program files).  Why not burn back-up on a DVD(s)?  This would be the same as getting physical media from Autodesk.

I always burn a back-up install disk anyhow - to avoid having to re-download the files in the future if HDD crashes or some similar calamity.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-install-Autodesk-s...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
njinga
in reply to: JDMather

Hi

I would love some help downloading the trial version of autocad. I have been trying for the last few days on multiple computers and I keep getting the same error message. 

I have downloaded it from the website and from http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/

and both times I get the pop up box attached saying lost connection. I have done everything it says in box, including switching off firewall and virus software.

What else can I do as this is really frustrating.

Thanks.

Leigh

Message 5 of 10
pendean
in reply to: njinga

If you are just looking for a product download you should be able to find it at the Autodesk Customer Service Virtual Agent:
•In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
•In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
1. Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
2. Disable UAC
3. Close and reopen your preferred browser.
4. Go to http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...
5. Select the choice "Download Links".
6. Select your product, then variant, then version as applicable.
7. You should now be presented with the choice to download your software.

DWGTrueview 2014 download links can be found in this post:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/TrueView-download/m-p/4427763#M68123
DTV 2015 64bit Download is here:
http://download.autodesk.com/esd/dwgtrueview/2015/SetupDWGTrueView2015_ENU_64bit.sfx.exe

Message 6 of 10
njinga
in reply to: pendean

Thanks so much for your help. I now have a file on my computer called Autocad_2015_enlgish_win_64bit_dlm - 3rdparty- Directx which contains multiple cabinet files. What do I need to do with this as I have tried extracting their content and nothing happens.

Thanks so much
Message 7 of 10
pendean
in reply to: njinga

The download file is (or should be) AutoCAD_2015_English_Win_64bit_R1_dlm.sfx.exe
Message 8 of 10
njinga
in reply to: pendean

Thanks again for your help. I went through every folder and could not find an exe file. I have just managed to download vector works so will try them first thank you for your help.

Leigh
Message 9 of 10
acadmh
in reply to: ameriglass2

The same problem also for me, trying to install the student-version 2015 on windows 7.

It gets worse, because Acad refuses to uninstall some parts of the program. So if I try to download it again (i have tried several times uninstalling, restart computer, installing) i get the message acad 2015 is already installed. And I can see some files, but I can't start the programm.

Any solytion?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost