Problem with views 2D & 3D Created with SECTIONPLANE

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cristian.leon.gonzalez
490 Views, 1 Reply

Problem with views 2D & 3D Created with SECTIONPLANE

Hello everyone

I have problems working with 3d models and the sections for 2d views

I have a 3D model (a building) with many solids in it.   I need to generate 2D views from it (plan and sections) so, i did a SECTIONPLANE and generate a 2D section with the command SECTIONPLANETOBLOCK and it didn't accomplish with what I need.  So, I Generate a 3D View (from the sectionplane) and with this model i will make a FlatShot (I think FlatShot is better by far than SECTIONPLANETOBLOCK).

ok, Now the problem:   When I generate a view (2D or 3D) from the SECTIONPLANE, it does not put all the elements where it belong and send them away, to the origin of WCS (0,0,0) as the image below

SECTIONPLANE Problem

Is there a trick in here or it's just a bug...

I would appreciate your Help.

I'm Working with AutoCAD 2014 (from the suite Civil 3D 2014)

thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Maybe the Base command might help you if you dont know this command.

Go to a Layout Tab (Paper Space) and select the Layout tab from the ribbon. Use Base to create a plan view and use the Section tool to draw out a section line. you can then use Projected to make a Isometric view of the section.

Quite a cool tool for some tasks but this does not give you an editable 2D drawing they are only windows to the model itself which is also nice as when you edit the model the views update.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost