Did you mean: 

Problem with Text Style

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
J0hnms
707 Views, 2 Replies

Problem with Text Style

Hello,

I am having issues with AutoCAD 2015 which I haven't had in the previous versions (student). Whenever I put in a text height of .125" it'll go straight to .0625" so then I would have to put in a quarter to make it look like .125" when printed. I'm not sure what to do to fix this, there's nothing wrong with my annotative scale. I even gone to the properties and it's shows the desire text height but in the model it isn't. . . I guess I can deal with the wrong text height as long it's coming out .125" when printed but what bothers me most is when making a text it comes out at 270° in rotation. I always have to go into the properties or use the rotate tool. Is there a way to at least fix this problem?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kadmonkee8
in reply to: J0hnms

enter Style at the command line you will see this dialog box select the style you want as your current style and make any changes needed.

i typically leave my paper text height @ 0'-0" to allow flexibility in my drawing to change heights as needed

TEXT Dialog.JPG

match the settings to get the results you are looking for.

also check you units

enter Units at the command line.

units.JPG

the precision of the drawing will limit the actual reading of text size.

if your precision is set to its highest you should see the actual size you assigned- regardless of whether you are using Arch or decimal units

Message 3 of 3
J0hnms
in reply to: kadmonkee8

Thanks, I knew about this, "paper text height @ 0'-0"" I was always taught to have it at the text standard but having it at 0'-0" for flexibility was a shortcut help to my issue and may continue this practice. . . The whole problem that was causing this issue of mine was this"Match text orientation to layout". Even though I did not have it checked in my text style it was enabled some how. So I had to manually turn it off through my properties. Which had me confused because this entire time I didn't know. I didn't bother to think about it because I initially didn't have it on. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost