Problem with scale of blocks in Acad 2015

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
tasha.costa
2609 Views, 23 Replies

Problem with scale of blocks in Acad 2015

Hi people.

I have these dynamic blocks, and they work fine until... Acad 2015.

Now, I try to insert or copy/past or use the Designer Center and the block just go crazy. The scale becames huge and the base point goes wild. 

Is there a variable oe something that I'm missing?

Sorry about my english, it's not my first language.

If someone could help, I'll be gratefull.

Be fine you all

Tags (1)
23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
Yorx57
in reply to: tasha.costa

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by that?  AutoCAD itself is unitless - when you draw a line, say at a length of 1 - that 1 length is whatever you want it to be.  It could represent 1 mm, 1 inch, 1 meter, 1 foot, 1 km, 1 mile, etc.

Is it possible to attach one of your template drawings?  Hopefully if I use that it will reproduce what you are seeing.

Message 22 of 24
tasha.costa
in reply to: Yorx57

Well, I don't know how to put it in english... sorry...

you know the difference between acad.dwt and acadiso.dwt?
Well, the problem would be this: as if suddenly some drawings had passed from iso to the other.
I am sending our dwt, maybe you discover something ...

And it's a dwt, you need change the extension...

Message 23 of 24
Yorx57
in reply to: tasha.costa

No luck - the block attached earlier is working perfectly fine in the Viaponte2015.dwg for me.

Also, from a quick search - the only real significant difference I can find between acad.dwt and acadiso.dwt is the system variable MEASUREMENT - which just tells AutoCAD which hatch patterns/linetypes to use so that they look correct in the drawings representive unit (metric or imperial).

Can you insert a block into a template/drawing that you know will make it act up - and attach that drawing? 

Message 24 of 24
tasha.costa
in reply to: Yorx57

Hi. 

After re-installation, It's working fine.

What happened?
I really can not say. I do not know if it was a problem with the first installation or if it was a problem with the dwt created here that conflicted with something.
But what we realized is that we did not have the -dwgunits command. And now it exists and works.
Acad 2015 had to be reinstalled after all.
Thanks for your time and help to find a solution with me.

Be fine

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost