Problem with scale of blocks in Acad 2015

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
Anonymous
2611 Views, 23 Replies

Problem with scale of blocks in Acad 2015

Hi people.

I have these dynamic blocks, and they work fine until... Acad 2015.

Now, I try to insert or copy/past or use the Designer Center and the block just go crazy. The scale becames huge and the base point goes wild. 

Is there a variable oe something that I'm missing?

Sorry about my english, it's not my first language.

If someone could help, I'll be gratefull.

Be fine you all

Tags (1)
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Possibly could be that your "Insertion Scale" setting in "Units" is set to a different unit than the blocks were specified with, causing an automatic scaling.

There's also a setting in Options -> User Preferences that set an automatic scaling unit if the block was specified unitless.

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous

Hi Yorx57. Thx for your answer.

But, and there always a but, the units is set to 0 (unitless) in both drawings.  In ALL drawings. 

Worse, I open the drawing in Acad 2014 and insert the block and it works perfectly. When I open it in 2015 it no longer works.

And It's happening with my colegues either. We all start using Acad 2015 now.

The image below shows what os happening:

design center.jpg

The red rectangle shows how the block should be and the orange one shows how it appears when it is inserted into the drawing by desing center.

Could it be any new variable? 

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous

According to your picture, it appears that the problem is more than just the block being inserted too large?  It is completely messing up the block??

Is it possible to attach a drawing with just that block in it?

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous

Hi Mike99. Of course I can attach it. 

Remember, I'm not responsible for any damages caused by the block!
If your computer explode or something, do not kill me! Smiley Tongue

My Acad 2015 already "died" a few times today while I'm trying to insert it.
I've done a recover and audit and it seems like nothing works.
Ok, I could redo the block, but the problem is that this is happening on ALL dynamic blocks I have. And they are a few.
For now, the solution I found was working in cad 2014 but I really think this is not a valid solution.

Thanks very much!

Message 6 of 24
Anonymous

Hi Tasha,

First, so sorry for any confusion, I am mike99, was logged into my other account when I posted my last reply.

Anyways, I am not having any problems with your drawing. All the grips seem to be working as intended, and the block is coming in just as it should.

Teste.png

However, I did notice that the Block Units are set to unitless.  I'm suspecting that your issue may be due to the setting in your options.

Go to Options -> User Preferences.  On the left-hand side in the middle there are 2 choices for the Default settings when units are set to unitless. What are these set to??

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous

LOL

No problem with the name 🙂

I am very grateful for your help, regardless of your name.

Well, my options are unitless. Both of them. Along time that we worked these over here. But I confirm anyway, maybe something happened.
So the problem is not there.

In 2014 Cad I can do what you showed in the picture. More, that's how I tried to insert the block the first time.

I migrated my settings from Cad 2014 but my colleagues did not. Therefore, it is not so.
I can not even imagine what is going on. Smiley Sad

I have SP1 installed.
The only thing I see different in your picture are the icons in the lower right corner of the screen.
May be some variable of these options? As anotativity or something?

Argh! I'm going crazy!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley Frustrated

thx again

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous

well, your settings are the same as mine for the Default settings when units are set to unitless, so that is not the problem.  Also, the block, or at least the one you gave me in the attached drawing is NOT an annotative block so that is not the cause of the problem either. 

So just to clarify:

1) these blocks are not working for anyone (you or your colleagues) using 2015?

2) you are the only one who migrated your settings?

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous

Yes. For both questions. Smiley Indifferent

If you look close to the image I've sent before, you'll see that looks like the entities of the block are superscaled (i guess i just invented this word...): the polylines are thick and longer then should be, the inside blocks are bigger that are suposed...

And again: it's happening with every single machine under Acad2015. And with every block. The dynamic are the worst, but they all are larger and thicker than would be supposed.

If the blocks are inserted in Cad 2014 and after that the drawing is opened in 2015, everything works fine.

Message 10 of 24
Anonymous

I didn't notice the lines differences until you mentioned it- but yes I can see that now in picture.

@Anonymous wrote:

If the blocks are inserted in Cad 2014 and after that the drawing is opened in 2015, everything works fine.

What version of AutoCAD were the blocks created in?

The drawing that you attached - was that one opened up in 2014 first (fixed) or should that one have been bad?

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous

Hi! Good morning.

I really don't remember in wich version of Autocad the bloks were created... cause it was so long ago... Some in Acad 2006 or previous. Others, in Acad 2014. None in Acad2015.

To attach the block in here, I opened the "library" and did a WBLOCK of one of  them. I confess It was one of the most "complex". All of this in Acad 2014.
By imposition of the company, have default recording to the 2007 version, because we have machines that work with this version of cad, besides having customers who require the drawings this way as well.
However, I also has opened the library, I did a recover after one audit and recorded in 2013.
Nothing worked, unfortunately.
I can attach the original drawing (the library) if you think it helps ...

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous

Just out of curiosity, have you tried the drawing that you attached here?  Does that one work for you?

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous

LOL. Of course I did.

And no, it doesn't work. The problem is the same.

And if i insert all the library, the drawing it self, the blocks go wild either. 😞

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous

Another one, with another block, in another library:teste2.jpg

You see the dynamic grips near the gray shade. Well, the white balls shoud be right next to it. The yellow line shoud have 120m and have 1570m (?). But the grips dist 120m. So, the grips are in the right place. But all the rest don't. Even the text fields are HUGE. And I insert it with scale 1. And insunits 0.

Message 15 of 24
Anonymous

Ok, as that block works for me, but not for you, we can rule out 2015 itself as being the problem.  However, there is something - a setting, an add-on, etc that is causing the blocks to not work for you.  I would suspect that if you do a "Reset Settings to Default", the blocks will work for you.

Before doing a Reset, you can export your current settings first, just in case the Reset does not work.

Backup your settings: Windows->Sart->All Programs->Autodesk->AutoCAD 2015->Migrate Custom Settings->Export AutoCAD Settings

Do a "Reset": Windows->Sart->All Programs->Autodesk->AutoCAD 2015->Reset Settings to Default

This will erase all of your current settings and put AutoCAD back into basically an "Out of the Box" state.

Launch AutoCAD and see if the blocks work.

If they do work - DO NOT re-import your settings! You will have to re-set everything up manually.

Message 16 of 24
Anonymous

Well... Now you just scare me. 🙂

But I'll try and then I say something.

Again, thank very much! 🙂

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous

Ok. That's it. It worked.

Now I just have to discover why, right?

🙂

Because it have to be something that we all do here and we souldn't...

Tanks again.

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous

Well... me again.

It worked but. And then again, there's always a but.

Just work in new drawings. I explain. 

We use a template just ours. 

When i did the restore, i needed to use a cad template (acadiso.dwt) and there it worked fine.

But then, I opened the drawing I working with. And bum... doesn't work...

So, I really need to discover what is wrong and change it...

😞

but thx 🙂

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous

In the drawing that you are working in - was the block already inserted in there (before the Reset)?  If so, delete all of the occurences, and then do a purge to remove the block from the block table and then try to insert it.

Message 20 of 24
Anonymous

No. I inserted another block that i was sure doesn't exist in drawing.

Ther's a light in the end of the tunel...

It is something about the metric and english system.

You know something about it? How to change drawing from one to another? Or if is it possible?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost