Did you mean: 

Printing problem with PDF

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
895 Views, 11 Replies

Printing problem with PDF

I am having a prblem with printing text to a pdf. I know the font is small, but i shows the problem better.

Font I am using is @Arial Unicode MS 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
nestly2
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't see anything wrong with the text...  what is happening that you don't expect?

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: nestly2

Zoom in to it and you will see what is going on.

Message 4 of 12
nestly2

The text looks fine to me.... Instead of having us guess what you feel is wrong with the text, how about you just tell us?

pdftext.jpg

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

Like I said if you Zoom in it starts to go choppy. See below. I always thought that text in a pdf should stay smooth regardless on how close or far you are from it.

Text.png

Message 6 of 12
nestly2

AntiAliasing for TT fonts does not work in 3D visual styles, so my first guess is you're plotting from an 3D Visual style and/or SHADEPLOT is something other than 2DWireframe (Legacywireframe)

Can you post a sample drawing that's exhibiting the behavior.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

It always happens, so this is a new file, No 3d and view style is 2d wireframe.

Message 8 of 12
steve216586

What is the resolution in the .pdf creator preferences set at? If you want really good quality, set it to 1200. Default, I believe, is 300 in most creators.

Although with this setting, your file size will increase dramatically.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: steve216586

That was it. Thanks.

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

Ok it is odd. I did a standard 300 dpi and a 4800 dpi and they are attached. But what i find odd is on the 300 dpi one the letter "e" in Jaeger looks fine, but that same letter in Kelly looks all wrong. I know the 4800 dpi will work for now, but like you said the file size went throught the roof. The 300 dpi version is about 500kb and the 4800 dpi is about 1.5 Mb.

Message 11 of 12
nestly2

There are several things that can cause antialiasing for TT fonts to be disabled:  I already mentioned one, but that can be ruled out if the results are mixed within the same VP. The others are the elevation of the text, whether the text lies on a plane perpendicular to the view, and a non-zero view "Target Z".  When anti-aliasing is disabled, it affects both the display on screen, and the plot as well.  The animation below show the affect of having text that has non-zero elevation.

If non of the above help, post another sample drawing that contains both the text that does, and does not plot smoothly

AntiAlaising due to elevation.gif

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

I figured it out. It was a host of problems.

First the text width needs to be set to 1" not some fraction.

Second all text needs to be on the 0 elevation on the Z axis.

Third dview needs to be reset so Here is the command

dview

enter defualt block (just hit enter)

point

no

no

Then the forth and final step was change the font type to a true type font I used Arial unicode MS

This fixed the problem

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost