Did you mean: 

Printing 3D objects not displaying when published

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
vex
Collaborator
1913 Views, 3 Replies

Printing 3D objects not displaying when published

I have a project that requires showing a complex arrangment of 3D objects in different breakdowns (via turning on and off specific layers) and orientations.  I have the various viewports displaying them correctly, but when I go to publish them to PDF some of the objects do not display completely.  For instance, a torus shaped object does not publish even though the silhoutte lines are correctly displayed in the view port.  Any thoughts on how to remedy this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
nestly2
in reply to: vex

It sometimes require some extra fiddleing arround to get 3D objects to display correctly,  often 3D edges are either too fine or non-existent with the default settings.

Try changing DISPSILH = 1 and maybe increase FACETRES from the default of .5 to something larger like 10.  If that doesn't work, we probably need more info about your visual style and plot settings... or just post a sample of your drawing file and the plot style table (if you're using one) 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: vex

I was unaware of nestly2's fix.   

I had the same problem, but only when I used the publish command.  Shadeplot hidden and legacy hidden worked fine for a normal plot. 

My work around was to change all viewports to realistic view.  (9 on 1st layout and 4 more subsequent layout tabs in the same dwg.)  It was a bit slow though. 

In the past it seems I tinkered with _HIDEPRECISION and _VSOBSCUREDLTYPE

Try nestly2's fix first if that doesn’t work, realistic view will…if it doesn’t crash your computer.  

Message 4 of 4
vex
Collaborator
in reply to: nestly2

It does not appear that those adjustments helped.  There are still components that are missing lines when they are published; they are all circular sweeps or similar U-shapes, and the missing lines are when the view looks tangential to the curved surface.

For the most part the visual styles in drawings are as follows:

Face Settings: Face Style: None

Lighting: Shadow Display: Off

Environment Settings: Backgrounds Off

Edge Settings: Show: Facet Edges

Edge Settings: Color: White (dictates nominal drawing weight)

Occluded Edges: Show: No

Occluded Edges: Color: ByEntity

Occluded Edges: Linetype: Solid

Intersection Edges: Show: Yes

Intersection Edges: Color: White

Intersection Edges: Linetype: Solid

Silhouette Edges: Show: Yes

Silhouette Edges: Width: 5

Edge Modifiers: Crease Angle: 60

Edge Modifiers: Halo gap %: 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost