Print layout with arial or arial black fonts

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
BeKirra
744 Views, 5 Replies

Print layout with arial or arial black fonts

The problem:

The arial or arial black fonts are printed only bottom half.

This only happens when printing layout. All these texts are drew in model space.

There is no problem when these fonts are printed in model space.

And the text size is 5mm and all these texts are more than 10mm away from the vport border.

The print preview just looks fine.

I believe that problem is related to vport settings but can't figure out.

Your helps are much appreciated.

BTW, my AutoCAD mech 2014 is up-to-date.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: BeKirra

Post a sample DWG file with the problem for all of us to examine.
Message 3 of 6
jggerth1

are you certain the TTF fonts are exactly at a z elevation of 0?  

Also, just as a test, change the style to use an SHX font -- do they still get cut off?

Message 4 of 6
BeKirra
in reply to: jggerth1

All texts are at Z=0 plane.

SHX fonts seems no problem.

Please see the example attached.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
Message 5 of 6
jggerth1

It prints fine here, of course i don't have your printer, or pc3 file, nor do I use metric - so I can print that drawing as Extents on AnsiA paper and set the plot scaale to Fit.  nothing gets cut off.

I would guess that what you are running into is the actual plotter margins.  I think you need to determine what those really are, and stick with drawing inside those physical hardware limitations.

Message 6 of 6
BeKirra
in reply to: jggerth1

Yes, you're right.

The plotter margins were accidently changed for unknown reasons. All problems are gone after the margins were fixed.

Thanks.

X² + Y² = C²

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost