Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

polyline vertex to arc

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
BIMPArno
7953 Views, 3 Replies

polyline vertex to arc

I have imported a dwg witch was created by Revit.

The problem is that it creates polyline vertex for curves. But i want a arc, or at least not so many segments.

on the image; on the left is what i got, on the right is what i want.

Is there a way to convert this??

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: BIMPArno

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,
There is no such tool in plain AutoCAD, but you can try PEDIT command with Fit Curve option to get smooth representation of multisegmented polyline.
In Civil 3D there is a command that could help to convert resulting "Fit-curved" polyline to arc segmented polyline: MAPCLEAN, look here for details:
forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Convert-multiple-polylines-to-arcs/td-p/3467610

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 4
murray-clack
in reply to: maxim_k

Here's what I usually do to get rid of a lot of vertices...

1. Enter PEDIT command and select the PLine

2. Enter E for "Edit", and you will see an "X" appear at the starting end of the pline.

3. Enter N for "Next" to make the "X" advance to the next vertex.  Keep entering N until you get to the vertex of where you want the arc to start

4. Enter S for "Straighten"

5. Then, Zoom in on the vertex where you want the arc to end, enter N for "Next"...

6. ..Then enter G for "Go", and you will see there is now a single line going from where you started the "Straighten" and "Go" functions.

7. Finally, click on the pline, hover your cursor over the midpoint grip of the straightened line, and select "Convert to Arc"

I know it seems like a lot of steps, but once you get the hang of it, you can accomplish this task in less than 10 seconds

Message 4 of 4
TerryDotson
in reply to: BIMPArno

If you were to consider third party software, ToolPac will convert a selection set of polylines like this to arc objects.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost