polyline - auto lengths - help please

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
741 Views, 4 Replies

polyline - auto lengths - help please

HI.
I use few poly-lines in my .dwg, is there any option to make table with measurements of poly-lines i.e.. between
A1 - A2 - auto fill length
A2 - A3 - auto fill length
etc.
So when I have to change polyline it will change it's length automatically in table.
Will appreciate...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
M_Hensley
in reply to: Anonymous

You can have a table with the length of an individual polyline that automatically updates. I don't know of a way to have distances between objects automatically update. Could you provide a more specific example of what you want?

Message 3 of 5
3wood

If the request is to label or summrize individual polyline segment lengths, there are a bunch of routines you can use.

If the request is to sort out polylines in different length, the user need define the rules of the length ranges, eg. Group 1 = 0mm ~ 1000mm; Group 2 = 1000mm ~ 1500mm, etc.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: M_Hensley

That's what I need - a table with polyline's lengths - single polylines (see attached drawing). A0 to A2 it's a single polyline so I just need length of it in table.

How can I do it?

Message 5 of 5
3wood

You can create a FIELD in a table and link it to the length property of an object, in your case, the object is a polyline. You have to break a polyline contains more than one segments into separate segments because field only counts the length of entire object.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost