Did you mean: 

Polar Tracking on and Ortho Off ACAD 2015

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
kcrum
1196 Views, 4 Replies

Polar Tracking on and Ortho Off ACAD 2015

I am a polar tracker user instead of ortho.  I am finding I have to reset my polar tracking on every drawing I open.  In prior versions it didn't matter if I open and closed drawings all day, my polar tracking would always stay on and my ortho off unless I needed it.  Is this the norm now or can you fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
nestly2
in reply to: kcrum

Ortho (Orthomode) is stored in the drawing, so the drawing "should" reopen the same as it's closed unless you have something in your startup or shutdown routine that's changing it.

Message 3 of 5
kcrum
in reply to: nestly2

I have worked in the same drawing setting polar as my preference but the next time I get in it, it is on ortho.

Message 4 of 5
nestly2

Is Orthomode turned on in every drawing you open, even a brand new drawing?  (QNEW)

Maybe try:

- Switch to a different profile then save and re-open the drawing to see if Orthomode is retained

- If you're using a shortcut with any startup switches to launch AutoCAD, try starting without the switches

- If you're running lisps, especially at startup, check to see if one is enabling Ortho

- Check acaddoc.lsp if you're using one

If none of that works, save a sample drawing with Ortho turned OFF, and attach it here so we can see if the drawing is being saved with ORTHOMODE=ON, or whether it's being turned on by something on your system when the drawing loads.

Message 5 of 5
hencoop

Hello kcrum,

You have accepted a solution but there were several things in the solution post that could have been the problem.  Would you mind identifying which of them solved your problem?  My problem is the opposite of yours but I think the solution may likely be the same.  I don't use any tracking but both polar tracking and snap tracking are always on when I open a drawing.

AutoCAD User since 1989. Civil Engineering Professional since 1983
Product Ver.: 13.6.1781.0 Civil 3D 2024.3 Update
Built On:        U.152.0.0 AutoCAD 2024.1.2
                        27.0.37.14 Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2024.0.1
                        8.6.52.0 AutoCAD Architecture 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost