Did you mean: 

Points out in space

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
pete1618
442 Views, 4 Replies

Points out in space

I’ve got a new installation of AutoCAD Civil 3d 2014. I’ve been using it for a couple of weeks with no problems and then suddenly today out of the blue I’m having a problem. I’m using pline by interring x,y coordinates. The first point comes in alright then all the other points come in way out in space several orders of magnitude off. I’ve tried simple lines, I’ve ended the drawing and tried it again in straight AutoCAD; same thing. It sounds like a major bug or am I doing something really stupid.    

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: pete1618

Hi,

is it possible that you changed the dynamic input (<F12>)?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
pete1618
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Ok, I guess I’ve been living in a cave. I’ve been using AutoCAD for 25 years. Admittedly mostly in A/E type engineering. Using the standard “@25<90” to draw a line. When I got this problem I went back to basics and googled “AutoCAD draw a line to a point”. I saw there all the usual stuff I expected to see until I saw one command for drawing a line I had never seen before.

#25,30. That solved the problem. I was using just 25,30. That got me a relative point 25,30 down the line. I was trying to get to point 25,30. This is just an example to show my point. The job I was working on was a civil job with 7 digits.

I have never seen this # command before. I guess if you don’t watch out you’ll learn something new everyday.  

-Pete

Message 4 of 5
dgorsman

Its been a feature for a couple of releases.  It allows a user working in absolute or relative methods to specify coordinates in the other system using @ or #.  There should be a setting for how AutoCAD interprets the input without any prefix.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 5
sthompson1021

Hi, you can change that by changing your drafting settings from relative coordinates to absolute corrdinates

Capture.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost