Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Cloud Display Limits

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
BuckWyckoff
195 Views, 1 Reply

Point Cloud Display Limits

I have 21 point cloud scans inserted on 21 layers.  Problem is, because of the display limits, the detail isn't there. (yes, all variables that control max display are maxed out.)

When I insert one scan only, there is wonderful density.  Okay, I understand there has to be limits, although there are some really powerful computers out there.  Maybe you should let the user decide and choke their system to the level they can withstand.

Freezing all the layers but one doesn't improve the scan density.  It would be nice if it applied to what is actually displayed and not what is also hidden.

Then I thought, aha!, I'll go to the XREF manager and unload scans.  Surely the display variables will affect only the loaded scans.

It doesn't.  That really blows.  If it did, you could easily toggle the loaded state of the scans to see detail were needed.

AutoDesk really need to rethink the process and ease the squeeze on PC display.  What's the point of a PC if you can't see it very well.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: BuckWyckoff

Tell Autodesk direct, posting around here is not the best way to do that due to volume of posts and the target audience (end users, not Autodesk): http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost