Plotting Question

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
shosler
305 Views, 5 Replies

Plotting Question

Hello,

I've just started to use a lot of layers in my Autocad 2015. I've been trying to use different colors for each of my layers to help keep everything organized better. EX, all my dimentions are light blue and my notes are in magenta. The way everything is set up now, when I batch plot the colors get plotted. This is ok as I want some things to print in color. However, I dont want eveything printed in color. I actually want most of the drawing to plot in Black.

My question, where do I set a layer to plot in black but be drawn in a different color? Ex, I never want my dimentions to be plotted in anything but black, but all my dimentions are lite blue in my drawing. Also, I might mention that I do want somethings to be plotted in a color. Ex, AE questions are in a red layer and plotted in red. I've tried several places to change the plot color but it never works. I would think that the layer properties menu, changing the plot style color would be the correct place but nope, thats not it.

Please help. And thanks in advance.

See attached picture.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ampster402
in reply to: shosler

FYI, that is not a publically accessible link, you may want to consider just attaching a pic to your thread here.

Message 3 of 6
rkmcswain

..... I want some things to print in color. However, I dont want eveything printed in color. I actually want most of the drawing to plot in Black.

Use colors 1-255 for things you want to print black (or shades of grey). You can control the print color (black/grey), and lineweight using a plot style table.

Use truecolors for things you want to print in color. Control the lineweight and color by modifying those properties of the objects. Plot style tables have no effect on truecolors.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 6
shosler
in reply to: rkmcswain

Hmm, I've tried the Plot Style Table Editor but it doesn't work. Changing Convert to Grayscale doesn't do anything.

I've also tried changing to a Color Book Color. That doesn't do anything either. The plot style color won't change, It still says the original color 152.

See attached.

What am I doing wrong here?

I've even asked my CAD2 professor, he couldn't get what I want to work.

Message 5 of 6
rkmcswain

Ignore that column in the layer manager.

To keep it simple, let's say you assign a layer (or entities) a screen color of "2" (yellow)
In your CTB file, you will set the plot color to "black" and the lineweight to the desired setting.

Repeat for each "screen color" that you want to use.

ctbedit.png

Any color other than 1-255 (ACI colors) will plot just as you see on screen (color wise). This includes truecolors or color book colors.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 6 of 6
shosler
in reply to: rkmcswain

Thanks to everyone.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost