Plotting/printing to scale in AC LT 2007

26 REPLIES 26
SOLVED
Message 1 of 27
glkirk
621 Views, 26 Replies

Plotting/printing to scale in AC LT 2007

Hello,

Could someone help me learn how to plot/print an existing drawing to my layout (architect title block from templates) to scale on 11x17 paper?
I can set the scale to something that fits the layout, but it doesn't quite print to scale.
I am using AC LT 2007
Thank you,
Gary

26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: glkirk

How do you currently insert the title block?

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 27
glkirk
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

I right clicked on the "layout" tab
Message 4 of 27
glkirk

And then picked from Template

Message 5 of 27
JoAnn_Hogan

OK so try bringing it in as a block. So Go to your insert tab > Insert command > Browse > select the title block drawing > Set insertion point to 0,0,0 and set the scale.

If that does not work, would you mind attaching a sample here so I could have a look at it?

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 6 of 27
glkirk

I tried inserting from insert tab. Got it on there, copied from model space, pasted onto new layout, but the drawing was much bigger than the layout.
So I would like to send you screenshot of properties of existing layout with drawing. Can't find how?
Message 7 of 27
glkirk

Heres the screenshot of the properties of the layout

Message 8 of 27
JoAnn_Hogan

OK so it seems that the title block is coming in correctly, its the drawing that is not to scale. So you will create a viewport on the layout and set the scale of that viewport to scale the drawing. Do not copy and paste from model space to layout space, A viewport is basically a "Window" into you model space

Jo - Ann
Message 9 of 27
glkirk

OK I have my drawing scaled to fit the title block. 

I have "layout" clicked at the plot manage screen.

The only way I can get it to preview is by clicking "fit to screen"??

Message 10 of 27
glkirk

Message 11 of 27
JoAnn_Hogan

Could you please attach the drawing here so I could have a look at it?

Jo - Ann
Message 12 of 27
glkirk

I don't know how to attach to these posts. I have attached 3 different jpgs by starting with the first posting, but don't know how to attach to these posts?? Can you please tell me how to do it?
Thanks
Message 13 of 27
glkirk

Not sure if you are getting these? But heres another 2

Message 14 of 27
glkirk

Message 15 of 27
JoAnn_Hogan

ok so when you select "Reply" and you type your message, just below the text bow you get attachments, then you select "Choose File" and browse to your drawing. Then select post

Jo - Ann
Message 16 of 27
glkirk

OK, Was not familiar with the  Quick reply verses the "double click-"reply"

But hopefully you have received the 5 attachments I sent you

Message 17 of 27
JoAnn_Hogan

I am receiving the pictures of your drawing (Screen Shots). I need the actual drawing

Jo - Ann
Message 18 of 27
glkirk

Not very well versed in that either, can you tell me how?
Thanks
Message 19 of 27
glkirk

Hopefully this goes

Message 20 of 27
JoAnn_Hogan

Exactly the same way you add the images. Just browse for the AutoCAD drawing (.dwg file)

Jo - Ann

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost