Did you mean: 

Plotting 3D mechanical valve

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
cadpro78
298 Views, 5 Replies

Plotting 3D mechanical valve

I am trying to plot a mechanical valve in AutoCAD 2014. And the dimensions are still coming up in color if I haven't told the plot utility to use mono.   Any comments on how to make it all black when it plots out?  (It is just the 3D viewport that is the issue.)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
nestly2
in reply to: cadpro78

What are you using if not monochrome.ctb?    A different plot style, or no plotstyle.

Posting a sample drawing will likely get the fastest and most accurate solution.

Message 3 of 6
cadpro78

The attachment indicate what the problem is. 

Thanks.

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

the CTB only converts colors from AutoCAD color index (1 to 255), it does not convert true-color values.

As you have set the circular viewport to a visual style like conceptual or realistic you get the display automatically in true color ==> so not converted.

The only option to get that output to greyscale is to use the printerdriver to convert color to greyscale.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 6
cadpro78
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks for your help.   I will let you know how I manage it.

Message 6 of 6
nestly2

If you're only concerned about the dimensions and not the shading on the 3D objects, just change the VP color of the layer the dimensions are on to "white"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost