Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot and Publish details dialog box - Fatal Error Crash

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
TroyFellows94
1798 Views, 7 Replies

Plot and Publish details dialog box - Fatal Error Crash

As I can find no way of reporting a bug to Autodesk, I have decided to write this post.

This is with AutoCAD 2014

Step 1 - Plot any layout to any printer

Step 2 - Open the plot and publish details dialog box (lower right corner)

Step 3 - Close the dialog box

Step 4 - Repeat opening the dialog box, then closing it (usually occurs once the drawing has spooled to the printer)

Result - You are met with the unresponsive dialog box and a white background.

Not really looking for a solution, just want some acknowledgement that this bug has been received

Troy

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: TroyFellows94

Sounds like you have background plotting and/or publishing on or your printer/plotter/connection to it is slow to finish (AutoCAD isn't finished with the first task when you ask it to do another). You can turn off background plotting/publishing in OPTIONS command's PLOT tab: the other, if that's the problem, can't be fixed from inside AutoCAD.

To report a bug to Autodesk (posting here is not the best solution):
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794
If you are a subscription user, you can report through the Subscription Center as well (as in do it twice).

Message 3 of 8
TroyFellows94
in reply to: pendean

I tried turning off both plotting and publishing but the bug still occurs.

Message 4 of 8
pendean

Then it probably is problem #2 that I mentioned: can't replicate your issue here in R2014, Win7 64bit, and any printer/plotter/pDF or DWF drivers.

I also posted where you can post/report a bug if you wish to proceed down that avenue.
Message 5 of 8
TroyFellows94

thank you very much for your help. i found this bug at work. i tested it on 2 machines there and now i have also tried it on my student version at home all of which have managed to have the same problem. seems strange that you cannot get it to work. prehaps it is just me. haha

Message 6 of 8
pendean

Weird indeed: were all the tests with the same DWG file?
Message 7 of 8
TroyFellows94

I have tried it with a different dwg each time, even does it with blank drawings

ive done a screen capture and uploaded it to sendspace in a zip file if your interested

https://www.sendspace.com/file/pounon

Thanks

Troy

Message 8 of 8
akirawood

I was having a similar problem with "EXPORTPDF" not functioning. The command would seem to work but nothing would happen (plot viewer would not open). When the Plot and Publish bubble popped up it would report that there were errors. If I tried to view the plot details, Autocad would crash. Problem was consistent for all drawings.

In my case the problem was that the "DWG to PDF.pc3" file was missing. Once the pc3 file was placed in the "Printer Configuration Search Path" exportpdf worked without issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost