Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pickfirst variable not working with express tools (burst command)

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
891 Views, 8 Replies

Pickfirst variable not working with express tools (burst command)

When I use my burst command on a pre-selected set of blocks, it deselects my current selection and prompts me to select the blocks to burst.

I can use other commands normally, such as move, copy, delete, etc, and it works with my current selection. Burst is the only one I know of that isn't working.

my pickfirst is set to 1, pickadd is set to 2, and pickauto is set to 2. noun/verb is checked.

I am using the exact same burst script as my friend, and he doesn't have this problem. We are both using autocad 2013. Pretty sure its just the standards express tools burst command.

I've looked and looked thru help articles and haven't found anyone who pickfirst didnt solve the problem for them. I don't know what else to do.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

script? what script? I don't see that you posted anything here for anyone to examine and test for ourselves.

Did you try testing BURST command without using the 'script'? Without your 'script' and if I type BURST at the commandline it works fine here as you wish it to behave.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Yes, if i type BURST, it deselects everything and prompts me to select what I want to burst.

by script i mean the .lsp file. like i said it works fine on my coworkers machine but not mine. cant imagine why. we're both using 2013.

for some reason it isnt letting me upload the lisp file as a .lsp so i changed it to .txt

Message 4 of 9
pendean

Did you 'migrate' from 2006 when you installed 2013 by chance? Did you install Express Tools with 2013? That's the same express tool lisp that gets installed for all of us using AutoCAD.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I do not beleive that this machine was migrated from 2006. I think it is a fresh install. Not 100% sure tho, i've only been at this company for 4 months.

I did hotkey burst to the B key. I dont think that should mess anything up but its the only thing I can think of that might be different between my setup and everyone elses.

Message 6 of 9
jggerth

Look into the CUI on that machine for the Express Tools -- most likely the macro for BURST starts with a ^C^C -- which cancels out of the selection.

However, please don't send me any drawings that you've exploded the heck out of.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: jggerth

I think we're getting close here, because in my CUI i have some funky stuff going on.

In my CUI under:

ACAD/Partial Customization Files/Express/Ribbon/Panels/Express Tools - Blocks/Row 1/Explode Attributes

There is a Macro that did say ^C^Cburst

I deleted the ^C^C so it just says burst, but it still deselects my currect selection. and I did restart autocad. it does the same thing whether I type burst or click the "explode attributes" button on my express tools ribbon. 

so what do i need to do now since deleting the ^C^C didnt work. is there like a nested command or something that might have a ^C^C in its macro too? I really dont know anything about this stuff. 

Message 8 of 9
mbenes

I'm having the same issue, but only for AutoCAD 2015. Also my issue doesn't have anything to do with the CUI and Macro's because I type the burst command. And I've migrated my settings from 2014. Some help on this really would be great.

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: mbenes

Same problem here with the pick box... wish people would be a little nicer and actually use this forum how it's meant to be, as a community, instead of the snide remarks. Seems that if there is time to make a rude comment, there is time to post a helpful reply.

people... snuff.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost