Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF rotation configuration - How to print PDF with no 90CW rotation?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Peac3
7041 Views, 7 Replies

PDF rotation configuration - How to print PDF with no 90CW rotation?

Sinse I am on Windows 7, the open source application a used to rotate PDF, I can't have it anymore (PDF SAM). Unfortunately i can't find any other freeware with rotation feature other then PDF Sam.

(Maybe if i spend more time looking)

I don't want to ask for Adobe tools only to rotate PDF...

Is there any ways to tell Autocad to rotate the PDF before it prints it? In plot preview i can see my page landscape on the correct orientation.

Then i plot with Pdf Creator or Cute Pdf writer, my sheet is rotated 90 CW, then i want to open PDF sam to put it right.. but i don't have it anymore.

What can be done? is there a way to tell autocad to do it like i want ?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rkmcswain
in reply to: Peac3

We've been using the built in [DWG To PDF.pc3] file for PDF creation for several years and ACAD versions and never had this issue.

Is there some reason you can't use this and not have to worry about 3rd party programs?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 8
Peac3
in reply to: rkmcswain

i can answer to that.

I tried .pc3

- My frames margins they are made for PDF creator and cute PDF.

- DGW to PDF i have to try every sheets size to find the match. A lot of tests to use other page standards.

- In the past i had problems with this printer, i tried to use it a few times but i had some paper size problems.

I said to myself i am not using that.

But i can try to work with it again, but i would like to understand why the other 2 rotate the sheets. Is it because of autocad or the 3rd partys ?

If it's because Autocad then we can try to find a solution here.

Message 4 of 8
Peac3

I am trying it right now and a few years later i still want to hit my desk.

There is not a single sheet working with my 11x17 frame, Autocad is converting me to Inches and i work in metric.  I tried to use metric sheets A1 A2 A3 in the past but our HP printers they don't take metric sheets, they use US paper like:

Letter

Legal

Tabloid

Ledget

ARCH C

ARCH D

ARCH E

==============

UPDATE:

The ANSI full Bleed B is taking my sheet at 1:1 mm, center, no fit to paper then  I create a PDF. When i print the scale is not good. 

That actually was the reason i didn't use this printer a few years ago. I still have the same problem today.  

Message 5 of 8
steve216586

Can you publish to a .dwf correctly? I typically publish then plt to .pdf or to the plotter directly an dhave no such issues. The .dwf is similar to the .pdf in that it is just a picture of your model... but AutoCAD  ->  .pdf friendlier.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 6 of 8
Peac3
in reply to: steve216586

I don't publish any DWF, I print using Creator, Cute or AdobeAcrobat to get a pdf directly. (But I don't have Acrobat)

Acrobat is giving me a 90CW rotated sheet also has i experiment in past experiences.

==========

I don't see the need of publishing in DWF and PDF after, nobody else uses Autocad files except for me and 3
other person here. We exchange DWG sometimes and we don't create big plan sets with 20 sheets to use publish.

But we generate a lot of PDF for all the people around that don't have Autocad at all.

Anyways i asked for PDF SAM, they just forgot to install it on the XP to 7 transfer. If i can get this
software again, problem will be solved to merge and rotate without pain.

But still, I would like to know how to tell autocad not to rotate the sheet 90CW, there must be something simple
to modify somewhere.

Message 7 of 8
pendean

Rotation is done in the driver: the built-in handles it by creating portrait and landscape sheets, any other PDF driver need to either do the same or do what your no-defunct software does.

AutoCAD simply delivers what is on your screen to the driver. Nothing else.
And all Drivers have different margins: be ready to work on that aspect at some point too. Locking yourself into one driver does have a big price associated with it.

Good luck.
Message 8 of 8
scot-65

In lieu of selecting the sheet size 11x17, try selecting the 17x11.

If the printer driver does not have this orientation, then go into the

custom paper sizes and define one. Of course I am speaking from

an Imperial point of view. The end result is a PC3 file with an

associative PMP file which is hard pathed to each other and cannot

be transferred to another workstation (for both the PC3 and PMP).

From there, OPTIONS -> Printer tab and "hide system printers" so

only the list of PC3 drivers show. Repeat the PC3 process for all

your other printers that do not have a PC3 file declared.

To rotate existing PDF's, try PDFTK Builder. It is the only freeware

out there I have found that will rotate. The downside for this guy

is layer information is lost when binding multiple PDF's.

Hope this helps.

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost