Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Layer-mapping is Incorrect

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jdavis417
270 Views, 6 Replies

PDF Layer-mapping is Incorrect

PDF layers don't match their AutoCAD source (for me).

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: jdavis417

Hi,

for me it's working. So we need more infos.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 7
jdavis417
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I'm using AutoCAD 2015.  What info do you think might be important?

Thanks In Advance

Message 4 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> What info do you think might be important?

What means "mapping is incorrect" for you, does that mean:

• layers are missing in the PDF
  • there are layer-names in the pdf that are not in the DWG
  • elements in the drawing are on other layers than in the PDF

What driver did you use (and have you migrated that from a previous AutoCAD release)?

Can we have the drawing and the PDF you get as a result plus the info where we have to look fro "mapping is incorrect" ... would be the best one to verify that all.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 7
jdavis417

Mapping is incorrect means (in this situation) #3 "elements in the drawing are on other layers than in the PDF".

I'm using the OOTB dwgtopdf driver (2015 30-day trial) and while I haven't migrated from a previous release, I have had several different trial versions of 2014 installed (PDS, C3D, Plant3D, IV2105 beta).

Sorry, I'm not inclined to post files... you'll have to take my word for it. 😉 The errant mapping that I noticed was of polylines and inconsistent. A few were mapped correctly but some weren't.

AHA!!! Acrobat 10 goes through the layers correctly! It's when I insert the .pdf as an underlay that the ULAYERS command jumbles them! (that might be an important bit if info, eh?) I hadn't looked at the layers via Acrobat previously!

Thanks for helping to clarify! 😉
Message 6 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> It's when I insert the .pdf as an underlay that the ULAYERS command jumbles them!

I can't reproduce that too, when I attach a PDF the layers can be switched correctly.

As you are using the original DWG to PDF.pc3 (what is correct to preferre that) and Adobe Reader seems also to switch it correct we have now the situation of one PDF you have that does not work correct when attaching into AutoCAD. As long as you can't upload that PDF can you try to reproduce that situation with a new file that does not contain any company data, just dummy polylines so we get a DWG and a PDF that makes it possible for us to reproduce that issue?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 7
jdavis417

Yes, as far as I know it's the 'origional' DWGtoPDF.pc3.  It ought to be...

The issue is caused by a certain dynamic, annotative block existing inside another block!  Another, but similar, block did not case the issue.  They have some different layer names within them.

Another issue I ran across is that the same dynamic, annotative block placed (mistakenly) in PaperSpace then CHSPACE'd will not appear in the PS viewport.  ugh!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost