Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paste/copy issue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
JBTC.Dave
200 Views, 4 Replies

Paste/copy issue

I am using 2013 autocad LT. When I ctrl-C  and Ctrl-V It asks for a insertion point, I select my point and click, but it doesn't paste anything. What can I do to fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
doni49
in reply to: JBTC.Dave

If it asks for the insertion point then there IS something on the clipboard for it to paste.  If you pick an insertion point and don't see anything, here are a few different possibilities that come to mind.

• The objects are on a layer that's off and/or frozen.
  • You've pasted a block.  But the block is already defined differently in this file than in the source file.  That leads you to beleive it didn't paste it in.

Copy your destination file to an alternate location.  Then delete EVERYTHING out of the file -- but don't purge.  Now paste in your items and do a zoom extents.  What do you see?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 5
pendean

CTRL+C, then open a new blank empty file, CTRL+V to paste it then Zoom Extents: does it show up?
Message 4 of 5
JBTC.Dave
in reply to: pendean

no it does not. But if I open a new file I can paste my whole drawing in and start copying and pasting, until about 10 copy and pastes in then it quits pasting again.
Message 5 of 5
pendean

CTRL+C creates a temp file in your Windows Lig-in Temp folder: does it disappear after 10 uses too? It's a DWG file, can you open it and see which generation copy is still there?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost