Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel acting weird - "bleeding"

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tstaub14
423 Views, 4 Replies

Parcel acting weird - "bleeding"

I have a large subdivision design project that I am trying to use parcels with for the first time. The drawing is set up with three parcel styles on the same site (R.O.W., Property and Open Space). I am attempting to split the right of way parcel into different pieces based on my drainage areas within the subdivision and at certain locations, when I draw a parcel segment across the street to split the R.O.W. parcel, it "bleeds" the R.O.W. parcel into the entire subdivision area. Very odd. It seems to only happen when partitioning the R.O.W. parcel along the perimeter street of the subdivision. Maybe CAD is getting confused as to what is the outside and inside of the box...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: tstaub14

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com!

Am I right that you are writing about Civil3D? If so the forum for Civil3D is >>>there<<<.

Here is the forum for plain AutoCAD, no vertical functionality.

If I'm not correct and you are using basic AutoCAD it would help if you upload your drawing so we can see how is "parcel" drawn and how is "drainage" drawn (what object types are used).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
tstaub14
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi Alfred,

Thanks for the reply. I posted this same question along with the CAD file in the Civil 3D section of the forum. What you will notice with the parcels is that if you try to draw a parcel segment across the street right of way on Baxter (the north-most road running east-west) it will bleed the parcel into the entire drawing. Same thing happens when you draw a parcel line across the R.O.W. of Tanzanite (in the southern part of the site running east-west). I am trying to split existing parcels along the polylines drawn in the layer "DRAINAGE AREAS."

-Tim

Message 4 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: tstaub14

@tstaub14 wrote:

Hi Alfred,

Thanks for the reply. I posted this same question along with the CAD file in the Civil 3D section of the forum. What you will notice with the parcels is that if you try to draw a parcel segment across the street right of way on Baxter (the north-most road running east-west) it will bleed the parcel into the entire drawing. Same thing happens when you draw a parcel line across the R.O.W. of Tanzanite (in the southern part of the site running east-west). I am trying to split existing parcels along the polylines drawn in the layer "DRAINAGE AREAS."

-Tim

Hi Tim,

I opened your drawing (posted in c3d forum) but couldn't follow the issue without this info.

The above information is also needed for anyone trying to help out with this.

I'd suggest you add the above details relative to your post in the Civil 3d Forum as well.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 5
tstaub14
in reply to: Jay_B

Hi Jay,

Good call. I added the specific details to the post in the Civil 3D forum.

Thanks,

Tim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost