Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paperspace dwg to pdf using TrueView and third party pdf converter

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Sphartin
392 Views, 1 Reply

paperspace dwg to pdf using TrueView and third party pdf converter

Background: I am implementing a new document control software to help manage all of our operation instructions that are written in AutoCAD. The intent is that the dwg format is managed by the doc control software and when the drawing is approved it gets converted to pdf for our shop floor to view. This would eliminate the human error aspect that Engineering hates to admit to of manually trying to manage the different revisions of a file, as well as streamlining the process of converting to pdf and making the new revision available to the shop while removing the old revision. The document control software is using TrueView and Neevia to do the pdf conversion. I also have DesignReview installed and available for the software to use.

Problem: One site is putting the model in the modelspace and the titleblock and associated text in paperspace. When this gets converted to pdf I only get what is in the modelspace. It would appear that since the modelspace is the first tab that opens, this is what gets converted to pdf. How do I get the paperspace to bet the default view that gets converted to pdf? Keep in mind that we have over 18,000 documents per site that are being managed, so a one-by-one solution is not much of an option.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: Sphartin

That free tool, unlike AutoCAD where you are posting, limits automation to the method PUBLISH opens files (modelspace first then the layouts).

It might be simpler if you implemented a reactor on all the AutoCAD stations that plots to PDF the tab you want when the user saves/closes the file.

Trueview forum is here (automation OOTB is very limited) if you want to continue with that product only: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/DWG-TrueView/bd-p/109

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost