Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

palattes & external references

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ThatGuy661
170 Views, 1 Reply

palattes & external references

okay. so i know what palettes and exteranl references are.

i also know how to add things to palettes for ease of finding and using things such as symbols....

what i am curious about is:

is there a way to put external references on a tool palette?  my idea behind this is that i would have my custom blocks and symbols ect on my tool palettes, but if i needed to go back to one of those blocks and change something, it would atomatically update the corresponding block/symbol/ect in my tool palette with out me having to go back and put the newer version of the item on the pallete..

I know i could just change the item i needed, readd it to the palette, and then resave that palette; but setting it up how i would like, above, seems like it would be so much easier and faster.

Any advice or a different method of doing things would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ukdxb012
in reply to: ThatGuy661

Not sure if I have fully understood but are you looking for something like this? https://www.augi.com/library/quick-tip-create-a-tool-palette-from-a-drawings-blocks

A very quick way to create tool palettes from drawings containing multiple blocks. Presuming you use the same block names/definitions, if you updated the source drawing, when using the blocks again should insert as you expect. Give it a try...

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost