Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
244 Views, 2 Replies

Page setup/print issues

Firstly hello

I have 2014 version

We are on a network with individual CAD packages installed on each computer

I have an issue when i do a page setup on a drawing

I do the page set up the page set up (preview) shows the drawing is going to plot correctly (landscape)

Then when you (hit file, print) and actually do a print/plot preview the drawing is in potrait with the title block cut off.

The printer people (cannon ipf765 which is through a server) say its a CAD issue

But surely every computer (cad package) would not have the same issue.

If i do a page setup or my collegues do one it (we used to be able to hit file and print and that was it)

any help i would be grateful

(its my first time using this so go easy i dont know if im using this post/forum correctly)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

AutoCAD doesn't rotate plots: your driver must do it. Our HPs has an auto-rotate feature for example, do your drivers offer such an ability?
Alternately, again in the driver you are using, you should be able to create custom 'landscape' sheets to use instead (that's how the built-in PDF and DWF drivers in AutoCAD do it).
Message 3 of 3
ukdxb012
in reply to: Anonymous

Create a Pc3 file of the printer you want to print to using the Plot Manager wizard. When you have create a Pc3 file, go to it, right click and select properties. Then select custom properties and you can change the orientation of the paper as standard but it's stored as a setting in the Pc3 file, not the actual system driver.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Creatin...

This means you get what you need with having to even involve IT or the print guys to resolve it.

Remember to then always print to pc3 files and not system printers. If you want to be a little more adventurous, store the pc3 files on a shared drive and make all your dad guys path to these in their profiles. Then everyone plots exactly the same and with the same version of the ctb files.

Everyone's a winner 🙂

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost