Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Setup Override

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
igroup.kskoog
2918 Views, 17 Replies

Page Setup Override

When I am in Sheet Set Manager and right click on  "Sheets" title. Click on Publish then click on Publish with Page Setup Override none of my Page Setups are shown. When I try to Import from my template none of the Page Setups are shown there either. How do I get my template Page Setups to show on the Publish with Page Setup Override option? Under Properties my Page Setup Override file is the template file I want to use. Any suggestions?

Kory Skoog

CADD Technician

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

I think the place to start is by opening your template file that should have the pagesetups and verify that they are truly in that file.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 3 of 18
Jay_B
in reply to: igroup.kskoog

In addition to Grant's suggestion Right click on the Sheet Set Title and verify the path is properly set for the "Page Setups Overrides" file your expecting to use.
If this is not properly mapped to the template containing the page ssetups they will not be available when choosing Publish using Page Setup Override.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 18

Yes, I checked the template file and the Page Setups are there and yes, the path for the overrides is correct.

Kory Skoog

CADD Technician

Message 5 of 18
zalant

Were the page setups in your template file created on the Model tab of that file, or on layout tabs? Since sheets are effectively layouts, page setups created on the Model tab won't show up when you go to plot/publish layouts (and vice versa).

Zac Travis
Message 6 of 18

They were setup in Layout

Kory Skoog

CADD Technician

Message 7 of 18
doben

Make sure the plot area is set to "Layout" in your setups. Window or extents won't work.

Message 8 of 18
Jay_B
in reply to: doben

@doben wrote:

Make sure the plot area is set to "Layout" in your setups. Window or extents won't work.

Not true here, our Page Setups are all set to "Extents" and they plot just fine using "Publish using Page Setup Override" in SSM.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 9 of 18
pendean

You are picking the wrong template, or your template really does not contain any pagesetups. Post it for all to confirm which it is you are doing.
Message 10 of 18
igroup.kskoog
in reply to: doben

Windows works fine for full size sheets when I Publish to Plotter. We tried Layout but when we want to print 11x17 or 8.5x11 sheets it will not scale to fit. It is grayed out. This is what we are trying to do. Plot half scale sets or smaller.

Kory Skoog

CADD Technician

Message 11 of 18
Jay_B

Please post a screen capture of what specifically is grayed out.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 12 of 18
igroup.kskoog
in reply to: Jay_B

Here it is. Fit to Paper is grayed out.

Kory Skoog

CADD Technician

Message 13 of 18
igroup.kskoog
in reply to: pendean

Here is the template

Kory Skoog

CADD Techncian

Message 14 of 18
doben

I agree, extents will work, but window won't.

Message 15 of 18
Jay_B

You don't have a "Page Setup" selected in the plot dialog so it doesn't understand the "Layout" option.

Select a "Page Setup" and then the "Layout" option allows for the fit to paper option.

I'm a little confused where your going with this thread as your original post pertained to Page Setup overrides option in SSM and now you posted a _Plot dialog that has the "Fit to Paper" option grayed out with no Page Setup Selected?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 16 of 18
Jay_B

Every listed Page Setup in that drawing is set to plot "Window" from what I can tell here. As mentioned window option isn't going to work.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 17 of 18
igroup.kskoog

I'm a little confused where your going with this thread as your original post pertained to Page Setup overrides option in SSM and now you posted a _Plot dialog that has the "Fit to Paper" option grayed out with no Page Setup Selected?

Please post a screen capture of what specifically is grayed out.

Jay

I was "asked" to post a screen shot of the grayed out Fit to Paper as noted above. I just want to use the Page Setup Override in SSM.

When I select "Layout" my Page Setup turns to <none>. Check out the attached file I sent to David.

Kory Skoog

CADD Technician

Message 18 of 18
igroup.kskoog

I know. I tried Layout but it will not plot to fit the size we want. Like I said before we are trying to plot a half scale set or smaller. Everytime I select Layout the Scale to Paper is grated out and the acale goes to 1 to1 and the Page Setup turn to <none>.  With full size sheets I use Windows and it works fine when Publish to Plotter. My guess is I cannot use SSM to do what I want to do. Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it.

Kory Skoog

CADD Technician

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost