Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overkill Not Doing It

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
TNDrevecky
795 Views, 9 Replies

Overkill Not Doing It

I've obtained rather large files from our GIS in CAD format. The problem is that there are many overlapping lines due to parcels and right of way lines and so on, I would like to pick which layers I want to keep for linework, and delete the duplicate line segments beneath it. OVERKILL will eliminate the duplicates, but mixes up the layers with no rhyme or reason. Is there a way to keep the draw order the deciding factor in what line goes away?
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: TNDrevecky

OVERKILL command presents a pop-up ebfore it starts: which options are you allowing it to do? Most of those options do more than you think.

I for example only have the the bottom two options selected and have never had any major issues like you are describing.

BTW: draw order is often restored with a simple REGENALL here.
Message 3 of 10
TNDrevecky
in reply to: pendean

I've tried every combination of the overkill options, and changed all the line work to poly to line and every combination there as well. I'm attaching a small example of what I'm dealing with, its easier than trying to wrestle with a 40 MB file every command.
Message 4 of 10
Murph_Map

If you have access to Civil3D or Map3D you could use the map clean up tools. Works better than the overkill and lets you select layers to dominate. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 10
pendean

nothing attached...
Message 6 of 10
TNDrevecky

Sorry, hopefully it attaches now.
Message 7 of 10
TNDrevecky

Never mind, I can't seem to upload files, or select any options. It just kicks me to the top of the page.
Message 8 of 10
pendean

You're not the only one today: guess the new site still needs a patch or two.
Do you have Dropbox, Onedrive or similar to use to share a file?
Message 9 of 10

Can you email me the attachment to moderator@autocad.com.

I'll attempt to attach it for you. If i can then we'll try to figure out why you can not

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

Message 10 of 10
shavezkhan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost