osnap in 2015

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
david.quist
655 Views, 15 Replies

osnap in 2015

Hello,

I just moved from 2014 to 2015. Not sure I like it but it might just be a matter af adjusting. One thing I am having a problem with is Osnaps. I turn all but Center off but it still look for all the other points. I know there is a way to stop it but I can't for the life of me recall what it is.

Thanks

-Dave

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
pendean
in reply to: david.quist

The devil is in the details: how did you do " I turn all but Center off" and how can we replicate your issue exactly. And are you in a command while doing this change?

I set CENTER as the only running osnap, kick off a command (any command) and I don't see any other osnap getting selected when I pick any object other than an arc or circle (and getting the CENTER osnap)..
Message 3 of 16
david.quist
in reply to: pendean

I open the Drafting setting dialog box. In the Object snap tab then Clear all. Then I pick the one I want and hit ok.

I had this problem in 2014 but I remeber finding out how to stop it.

Message 4 of 16
pendean

Are you in a running command when you do this?
I can;t replciate your issue in 2014 or 2015 the way I described using it (no running command).
Message 5 of 16
david.quist

I simply typw OS to get the dialog box then choose the one I want. Then I'll do a line comand that I want to start at the center point of the object. It will show ALL the snap points, End, middle, quad. In this case I only want center.

Message 6 of 16
pendean

Sorry, works fine here in R2015: do you have constraints turned on?
If you start a new file, problem still persists?

An AutoCAD reset might be in order if nothing else works.
Message 7 of 16
david.quist

Constraints?

I am going back to r2014 until I can figure this out. I don't have time to waste messing with it right now.

Thanks for trying

Message 8 of 16
david.quist

I do not know anything about constraints but I do know that if I set my running osanps to only show the center of a circle it should only show the center not the end, mid, quad, ect as well.

Message 9 of 16
pendean

Sorry, but plain AutoCAD 2015 acts just like 2014, 2013, 2012 and 2011 here. So you've got something unique going on there. Sorry we couldn't figure it out together remotely like this: it might help if someone else can be at your desk to figure it out with you.
Message 10 of 16
scot-65

After choosing the desired OSNAP, command OSMODE and record the value (_cen is 4).
Run a command that is giving you issues and allow it to complete.
Now, command OSMODE and see what the value is now. If it is not the same value as before, then there is customization interaction.
You may try issuing a command (the full name) with a dot prefix. This will bypass any command redefinitions or PGP type customizations.
Example: command .LINE

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 11 of 16
DavidQ
in reply to: scot-65

It seems there is something odd going on. I tried the osmode thing. It stays at 4 but still showes all them when trying to snap to the center. I should point out that what I select is not relavent. It does it to any one.

I wonder if I can get my Profile from the 2014 version and put it on the 2015.

Message 12 of 16
DavidQ
in reply to: DavidQ

I fixed it!!! The Sanp settings drop down box in options -> AM:preferences was set to System settings and the Snap Defaults had the boxes checked. That overrode my running osnaps. Why would they even make it possible to do that? Anyway, I unchecked ALL the boxes in the Power snap configuration dialog box and now all is well ... maybe not all but this problem is gone. 🙂

Thanks for trying to help.

Message 13 of 16
pendean

Glad you "fixed it", but which dropdown in OPTIONS?
Message 14 of 16
DavidQ

There seems to be two ways to fix the probelm I had.

One was to change the "Snap Settings" (Options / AM:Preferences / Snap Setting change 'system setting' to 'User settings'.

OR

Leave it on System settings and go into the Sanp Default... (button next to the Snap settings) That will open the Power Snap Settings dialog box. To fix my problem I just had to "Clear All'  or I could have uncheck all of them one by one and hit apply. 

For some reason you can overide the running osnaps with the Power Snap Settings. I do not understand why anyone would want to do that but so be it.

Message 15 of 16
jggerth1

And thats' why none of the rest of us could replicate your issue.  Your working with a vertical, niot plain jane vanilla acad.  We don't have AM Powersnap,  just regular OSnap

Message 16 of 16
DavidQ
in reply to: jggerth1

I do appreciate all the attempts.

I do not know why we all that. I never use it but I'm not the boss either. 😮

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost