Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Osnap and Selection Cycling

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
ad_crj_1234
667 Views, 8 Replies

Osnap and Selection Cycling

I have Civil 3D 2015.  I think this could be a general AutoCAD 2015 issue.  I am posting here because I only got one reply in the Civil 3D forum, and it did not solve my problem.

I am having problems with OSNAPS.  SOMETIMES but not all of the time, when I try to select a point using an osnap, the selection cycling box will come up giving me the option to select a particular line, point, etc., whatever the case may be.  I can cancel the command and repeat the exact same steps and then it will not happen.

I cannot understand why the selection cycling box comes up when I am in the middle of a command, like MOVE for instance, and I have an osnap active.  (I have already selected the object to move, hit ENTER, and it is asking for the base point.  Whether I have running osnaps on or just activate one (I have mine on a toolbar), when trying to snap to the base point or the second point of displacement, that is when the selection cycling box will come up.)  (It happens with all commands not just MOVE.)

I like to use selection cycling, because I have a lot of overlapping objects.  But it is interfering with my osnaps somehow.

I did not have this issue with 2013 or 2014.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?  Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
nestly2
in reply to: ad_crj_1234

I haven't seen that issue before (although I normally don't keep Selection Cycling enabled)

Can you post a screenshot of your status bar icons so we can duplicate the combination of features that are enabled, as well as your OSMODE value?

Message 3 of 9
ad_crj_1234
in reply to: nestly2

Thanks for your help.

OSMODE is 45.

Screenshot attached.

Yes, I'm just trying to figure out what odd combination of settings I have that may be causing this (if it is not a program bug).  As far as I know, everything is set up just like it was in my 2014 installation.

Message 4 of 9
ad_crj_1234

I'm trying to force the problem to reoccur right now and can't.

Next time it happens, I will try to get a screenshot of the problem in action.  Maybe that will help.

Message 5 of 9
nestly2

Unfortunately, we may need more information.   You have many of your Status bar Icons turned off (including Selection Cycling) so it's not possible to see as much information as I had hoped.  Do you mind re-enabling them temporarily for another screenshot?

Also try docking your command line... (I know it shouldn't matter, but I know it has in the past caused iconsistent behavior with some features)

Status Bar customizations.jpg

Message 6 of 9
ad_crj_1234
in reply to: nestly2

Thanks.  I've got to leave the office right now, but I will get these posted by lunch.

Message 7 of 9
ad_crj_1234

Ok, try this.

Message 8 of 9
dhrMBos

Is there any solution found for this problem?

I used to work with Autocad 2011, and I am really enthousiatic about the "Selection Cycling".
Last week we upgraded to Autocad2016, and now I am experiencing the exact same problem as the TopicSetter.

It only occurs when using custom-commands (written in Lisp) that ask for userinput via  (setq x (getpoint "\npick a point: "))

We use these while placing dimensions. When picking the dimension-points Autocad will both show the osnap-marker, osnap-tooltip AND the badge for overlaying objects. When clicking the point Autocad will offer me the selectioncycling-list.

It is really annoying.
If there is no solution for this I will have to set [Selectioncycling] to [0].   😞

2016-06-08 08_34_02-Autodesk AutoCAD 2016 - [G041.dwg].png

2016-06-08 08_21_00-Autodesk AutoCAD 2016 - [G041.dwg].png

2016-06-08 08_25_03-.png

Tags (1)
Message 9 of 9
RobDraw
in reply to: dhrMBos

@dhrMBos wrote:

It is really annoying.

Ya know what else is annoying? Reading through a thread only to find out it is nearly two years old.

Seriously though, I can't see why you would want to turn it to stop. Don't you want to be sure you are snapping to the appropriate entity?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost