Orderly / Neatly exporting AutoCAD BOM into Excel 2013

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
CPEProjE
3834 Views, 4 Replies

Orderly / Neatly exporting AutoCAD BOM into Excel 2013

Inventor Forum,

I have been tasked with generating a Bill of Materials from multiple PDF copies of piping spools similar to below:

SampleSpool.png

So my question, "Is there a way to export the Bill of Materials of an AutoCAD 2014 drawing ORDERLY/NEATLY into Microsoft Excel?"  I do have access to the *.dwg files but ACAD 2014 doesn't seem to have the features needed for me to export out to Excel 2013.

Because having to do this manually over 80+ pages is just not a good use of time and our designer's haven't figured out how to do this for us.

I am not trained in AutoCAD beyond R14 so this is new territory for me.

Thank you,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
braudpat
in reply to: CPEProjE

Hello

Do you know _DATAEXTRACTION ?

It is mainly used to Export Blocks+Attributes Infos to CSV, XLS, MDB and produces in the same time (if you need it) a beautiful ACAD Quantity Table ...

So If you have the Info you need in Blocks+Attributes, a few seconds later you are happy !

Please ask on Youtube with the key words :  autocad dataextraction

and you will find many examples ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
cadwomen
in reply to: braudpat

so didn´t

AutoCAD Plant 3D Report Creator

http://www.pdoteam.com/2011/09/autocad-plant-3d-report-creator-2012/

work for you ?

cu cw

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
Message 4 of 5
TerryDotson

... generating a Bill of Materials from multiple PDF ...

While I can't see what appears as a table of text very clearly in your capture, I'm speculating that it's actually a collection of vectors that gives the appearance of text.  Post one of your your PDF files for verification, but my recommendation at this point is to hire some minimum wage people and have them start typing (and proofreading).

Message 5 of 5
CPEProjE

To all respondents, thank you for the guidance.  I wound up having to personally go the route of the last suggestion which was to get started typing - I learned through asking very pointed questions our drafting designers were using drawings (many wrong at the outset) a few years old, that have been imported/exported across previous versions of AutoCAD and CadWorx... in so doing, caused some data links to pipe spools to break or become faulty.

In any case, after about four days of manually parsing and entering into Excel to sort and compile, it's done so I'm off to engineer some more stuff.

Thank you again!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost