Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd font issue

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Dylan_Corkill
313 Views, 7 Replies

Odd font issue

Has anyone ever seen an issue as shown in the attached file?  The fonts should all be simplex but it's comming up with a mix of arial and simplex.  One of our users is having this odd issue and he then goes into fix it saves his drawings but when he goes back to that file it returns.  This is happening in almost every drawing of a 300 drawing design package.

I've looked at the styles and our custom routines but don't see any issues anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dylan

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jggerth1
in reply to: Dylan_Corkill

you'll need to post a dwg that exhibits the issue.  Try wblocking out a block of text, open to make sure it's funky, and then post that

picture really doesn't give me any clues

Message 3 of 8
Dylan_Corkill
in reply to: jggerth1

I'll see what I can get out of the file.

Dylan
Message 4 of 8

Here is a copy of the actual cad file.   I stripped out everything but the issue text.

Dylan

Message 5 of 8
jggerth1
in reply to: Dylan_Corkill

Ok, there are a lot of overrides in that chunk of text.  Google for StripMText.lsp and run that to clear out the font swapping out.

Message 6 of 8
jggerth1

you've also got a number of text objects that consist of a single space.....  If you set QTEXT to "ON", and regen, you can select and erase them

then set QTEXT back to off...

Message 7 of 8
Dylan_Corkill

We have run a few things like that such as "remove all formatting" but the issue is that the issue comes back after fixing it. I can't duplicate the issue after I fix the text myself but that is what I have been told by the person who is working on these drawings.

Dylan

[AutoCAD_Badge_2014] [Civil3D_Badge_Prof_2014]
Message 8 of 8

I'm getting this too. I think it's a problem with the font definition itself, 'cos if I change the textstyle to another font style, it's all peachy again.

In my case it's the 'Simplex.shx' font - I think it might be corrupted. Try downloading a 'fresh' one..

ACad, MEP, Revit, 3DS Max

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost