Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCE TDS450 pc3 files causes delay in AC2013 plot dialog window

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
brian.vanderheyden
492 Views, 3 Replies

OCE TDS450 pc3 files causes delay in AC2013 plot dialog window

In Jan, we upgraded both our equipment, win XP to win7 64bit and from AC2007 to AC2013.  Since then we have had a host of printing & setup issues.

We have 4 CAD Stations, all setup identically; all plotters, plot styles, blocks, pallettes, etc.. are network based.  The printers are network based. 

When we changed our equipement we had a diffficult time in getting the OCE TDS450 drivers to work on the print server, so we ended up installing them locally on each CAD workstation and we are pointing them to the OCE printer.

I then setup a pc3 file for the printer and thing were runing normally.  For reasons I dont know this week, AC started having a delayed response when selecting plot, up to 10, then 15-20 seconds just to open the Plot dialog box.

After some troubleshooting, I removed the pc3 file specific to the OCS TDS450 and when selecting Plot, AC responded instantly.  I then created a new pc3 file for the OCE, and again AC had a delay in opening the Plot dialog box.

So anyone have an idea as to why this is occuring?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

HI Brian,

Ok so fisrt of all, do you have all the service packs installed for each PC?

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 4

I'm going to look at this from a different point of view. We've been using Oce TDS printers for 15 years, and since day one, we've been using the same old (ancient, some might say) HP branded but generic HP-GL/2 driver. The reason I mention this is because we've upgraded AutoCAD, Land Desktop, Civil 3D, etc. every 1-2 years over this time, in addition to upgrading Oce TDS printers twice over this period - with zero print driver problems.

Having said this, your problem may not have anything to do with the driver, it could be a network problem or any number of things.

If you feel up to it, look into using Process Monitor to watch file and registry activity in real time to see what is going on at the time of the delay. It could be looking for a PMP file in a non-existent location or something like that.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 4

I cant seem to get the updates installed, the local LiveUpdateFrame.htm page that is supposed to open is blank and I cant figure why, no can I figure out another method to install the updates and I havent contact AutoDesk about it yet either (Ive been busy with other issues)

I downloaded process monitor this morning, Ill look into that.....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost