Did you mean: 

Number of Files in Files Tabs Seems to Vary

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
sbrusco
619 Views, 8 Replies

Number of Files in Files Tabs Seems to Vary

Hi All,

One user here has an issue with the Files Tabs that were new in 2014 and we used it then and also now in 2015. If she has 6-8 drawings open, sometimes they all appear in the files tabs (as they should) but sometimes only two will be "tabbed" and she'll have to pull down the list to access the others.

Any ideas? We've been having other problems that i believe are graphics card related and i'll blame this issue on the card also unless someone can point me to a different culprit.

Thanks in advance for all your help here and in the past. This group is the best.

Sal

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Shawn_Niles
in reply to: sbrusco

Can you post an image of what you are seeing? Typically, that file dropdown button should only appear if you have too many tabs to show on the screen.

Shawn Niles
Message 3 of 9
sbrusco
in reply to: Shawn_Niles

Hi Shawn,

I agree that the drop-down should only appear when there are too many drawing tabs to show but i think MAYBE the problem is that only two tabs are showing and there is clearly more room to show more tabs. The drop-down seems to know that there are enough drawings open that it should show itself.

Anyway, I've attached a screen capture.

And I just noticed this, that when I pick "Open" and select several drawings at the same time, they all open but each tab contains an asterisk after it which I thought indicates that the drawing has been modified and will need saved. These drawings are just opened so why the asterisk?

Thanks in advance for any help on either of these issues.

Sal

Message 4 of 9
Shawn_Niles
in reply to: sbrusco

Hi Sal,

The AutoCAD team is investigating this issue to see if we can find a cause. If there is additional information to share, I will post it here.

Shawn Niles
Message 5 of 9
kentr8

can they investigate the layout tabs jumping around also?

Message 6 of 9
pendean
in reply to: kentr8

There's a hotfix for SP2: find it and it's supposed to fix that.
Message 7 of 9
Shawn_Niles
in reply to: pendean

This is the hotfix here that Dean is referencing:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-C2-AE-autoca...

Shawn Niles
Message 8 of 9
kentr8

not fixed, I'm not talking about the layout tab jumping to the end, that one got fixed. This one is when I wand to change layouts and click a tab they will shift left so I end up getting the one next to the one I want.

Message 9 of 9
nrz13

FYI, here's another user with the OP's issue:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2013-2014-2015/drawing-file-tabs/m-p/5445017

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost