Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie, I come in peace! ;)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
220 Views, 1 Reply

Newbie, I come in peace! ;)

OK I know this may not be for the Forum and I know I need support, but I thought I may get some decent responses here.  I am a newbie and brand new to Autocad.  Actually I used it back in the dark ages from about 1985 thru 1989 so I am an ancient user of Cad software.  I changed to bentley Microstation and Geopak working with the Florida dept of Transportation around `1989.  I have been a Microstation/ Geopak user since and actually was a Chairperson for a Geopak Users Group for many years.

The firm I work for started a Surveying Department two years ago and I somewhat head this department as I surveyed from the mid-70's thru the 80's.  We bought a new version of Autpocad last year and I have Autocad 13 loaded.  We just won a couple of Survey projects with the FDOT and they're requiring us to use Caice and their EFB data collection software.  I used both of these before, but it was also back in te 80's when I used Autocad and everything has changed so much and I now have a Microstation/ Geopak brain where everythign is second nature to me.

I installed the Autocad on my computer fine as I have the Autocad 13 icon and it loads fine.  We recently purchased the Caice Visual Survey, but after I installed it I have two Caice icons on my desktop and neither one of them will load up, they give me a "Caice Visual Transportation 10 has stopped working" "Debug or Close Program" error.  This confuses me as I thought we had purchased Caice Visual Survey.

Does Caice load up inside of Autocad like Geopak loads inside of Microstation?  Am I doing something wrong as I am sure I am.  I have tried all day with No luck as I always get that error when I double click on the icons, but Autocad 13 loads up fine.

Also after installing everything I not only have two Caice Visual Transportation 10 icons, but there is an Inventor Fushion 2013 icon and a Autodesk LandXML Report Generator 3 icon.  Not sure what these are?

I know I need some training for sure on all of this, which I am working on, but I would appreciate any help I can get.  🙂

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
nestly2
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk forums.

I have never heard of "Caice" myself, but it sounds like something the AutoCAD Civil3D users might know about.  Perhaps ask your question in that sub forum

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d/ct-p/66

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost