AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 1 of 9 (331 Views)

New Tool Pallette gone after reopening Acad

331 Views, 8 Replies
12-26-2012 05:55 AM

All but one of my tool pallettes are custome pallettes.  They were created using Acad 2010 and have been brought forward to 2013 with no trouble.  But whenever I try to add a new one now, it only seems to stay with me in the current session of CAD.  I've searched these forums and the help files and can't find any onformation to suggest why this would be.  Anyone know about this?  I'm sure it's right in front of my nose.

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 9 (317 Views)

Re: New Tool Pallette gone after reopening Acad

12-26-2012 09:47 AM in reply to: cbenner
Are you saving your active workspace after making changes? WSSAVE command.
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 3 of 9 (311 Views)

12-26-2012 11:05 AM in reply to: pendean

Yes.  I tried that, also Workspace saveas with a new name... the new palette is not there when I restart Autocad.  This is the first time I've had this issue... maybe because it's the first new palette I've done in 2013.  In 2011 this was never an issue.

ChrisB

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

*Expert Elite*
edwin.prakoso
Message 4 of 9 (298 Views)

12-26-2012 05:33 PM in reply to: cbenner

Can you check if this problem also occur if you use other Windows user? Try to login as different user and see if it works.

I suspect that you don't have sufficient writing access to your user folder. If you created a tool palette, once you close AutoCAD, AutoCAD will create the tool palette file in this folder:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013 - English\R19.0\enu\Support\ToolPalette

Try to paste a file there. If Windows tell you that you don't have enough proviledge, then it's a computer setting that mess up.

Kind regards,
Edwin Prakoso | www.cad-notes.com | @CADnotes

If this post solve your issue, please mark this post as solution. It will help others who have the same issue to find solution.
*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 5 of 9 (284 Views)

12-27-2012 04:10 AM in reply to: edwin.prakoso

It's not that, I'm the administrator on all of these drives that we use.  Our palettes are stored on a shared drive.  And even though the .atc file is being created it is not loading into Autocad.  The search path for palettes has this drive and folder as the first one in the list.  It should be loading from this location before anywhere else.  I have even tried manually creating the file from a copy of an existing palette file, and manually loading it into Autocad.  It still will not reload on a restart.

Thanks for the ideas guys.

ChrisB

Product Support
zalant
Message 6 of 9 (232 Views)

01-02-2013 02:41 PM in reply to: cbenner

If it's an option, you could zip up the associated files and attach them to this forum thread.  Include any steps you're using now or have used in the past which worked.  I'd be happy to check them out here and see if I can reproduce your results.  You wouldn't necessarily need to include any target DWG (block) files, as the concern here is for the interface element of the palette itself.  We could take this issue offline, too, if that works better for you.  

Zac Travis
Product Support
zalant
Message 7 of 9 (204 Views)

01-04-2013 05:25 PM in reply to: cbenner

I was wondering how this issue is going for you.  Have you yet determined a solution? Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Zac Travis
Contributor
LanceEdwards
Message 8 of 9 (171 Views)

01-08-2013 12:20 PM in reply to: zalant

Are you opening a specific profile each time you launch AutoCAD? Does your launch icon use a /p switch in the target but when you open AutoCAD you switch to a different profile?

Is the profile you're launching a read-only profile stored on a server perhaps for all users?

Lance Edwards

Baltimore, MD

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 9 of 9 (151 Views)

01-10-2013 11:32 AM in reply to: LanceEdwards

I'm sorry, I haven't been back in AutoCAD for a while to see if this is working or not... I will keep you guys posted though when I get the chance to look at it again.  Been in Inventor mode for some time now.

ChrisB

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.