Did you mean: 

New the same as Open

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
KeeperOfAngels
314 Views, 4 Replies

New the same as Open

A drafter in my office has been experiencing a problem with AutoCAD 2013.  When she clicks on the "New" button, it acts exactly the same as the "Open" button.  She is unable to open a new drawing without opening a new instance of AutoCAD.

Has anyone experienced this?  If so, how do you fix it?  I would rather not do a complete re-install if I can avoid it.

As always, any and all help is sincerely appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: KeeperOfAngels

What changed with the user?
Is SDI variable turned on too?
Message 3 of 5
jggerth1

Short of a re-install, you can do a Repair from Control Panel.  Or pick the "Reset Settings to Default" from the Start menu...

If instead of clicking one of the many icon/menu items tio create a new drawing --

What happens if the user types in NEW at the command line?

What happens when QNEW is typed in?

Message 4 of 5
rkmcswain

When she clicks the "New" button, what command is being executed (look at the command line).

If it's not "NEW" or "QNEW", then someone's been monkeying with the macros in the cuix menu file.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 5
KeeperOfAngels
in reply to: rkmcswain

Thanks to all of you for the replies.

This was a new install for a new employee (which I should have mentioned originally).  Unfortunately, the employee did the repair from the control panel before I was able to grab screen shots...........

If it happens again, I will definitely have her stop what she is doing and get screenshots.

Thank you all again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost