Did you mean: 

New layers always set to "new vp layer" freeze

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Shari-aec
296 Views, 3 Replies

New layers always set to "new vp layer" freeze

Hello all. One of my AutoCAD 2015 students has a recurring issues. No matter what template she starts with, whenever she makes a new layer, New VP layer freeze is always activated. So she's always making a bunch of layers, thawing them (in the current viewport" and thawing them in new view ports. What am I missing? A button in the layer manager? Cheers, Shari
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Shari-aec

Exactly how is the user creating a new layer? Walk us through each step precisely so we can reproduce (please make an effort to observe this issue in person too).
Message 3 of 4
Shari-aec
in reply to: pendean

I always get to her desk too late. I only know how I told her to make a layer...

1. Select layer 0 first (in layer properties palette)
  2. Hit "New Layer"
  3. Type in a name,
  4. type comma to go to next layer,
  5. Repeat from 3

I'll try and recreate the problem myself, I just thought someone might know the solution off the top of their head.

Thanks! Cheers, Shari

Message 4 of 4
Shari-aec
in reply to: Shari-aec

Figured it out, I just needed to open my eyes. She must have hit the "New layer VP fozen in all Viewports" insead of the "New Layer" button, then when she hit comma to make more, of course she copied the incorrect layer. Funny that she does this everytime. Glad I can tell her now. Thanks! Cheers, Shari

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost