Did you mean: 

New job, New 2015 machine, I need my 2010 menus migrated

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
esfransen
623 Views, 5 Replies

New job, New 2015 machine, I need my 2010 menus migrated

Well am I SOL for auto migration because there was not previous install of AutoCAD on this machine?  If so how do I migrate the 2010 menu stuffs manually?

Thanks All.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tcorey
in reply to: esfransen

That's a pretty open question because you haven't given details on what exactly you're trying to move from 2010, but...

Open 2010. Use the CUI command. Go to the Transfer tab. Drag items from the left side of the dialog to the appropriate place on the right.

Hit Save on the right side.

Go to 2015. Open CUI. Go to Transfer tab. On the right side, press Open button. Open the Cui you saved from 2010. Right click the CUI that is now displayed on the right side of the dialog and press Load as Partial.

Go back to the Customize tab. Pick a workspace. On the right of the dialog, pick Customize Workspace. Back on the left, expand Partial Customization File, expand your CUI and turn on with checkmarks those items you want to use in the selected workspace. When finished, press the Done button. Press OK.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 6
braudpat
in reply to: tcorey

Hello

+1 with Tim

Eventually you can save your CUI/CUIX files before beginning to modify anything !?

Sorry, I am a litte bit paranoiac  ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
esfransen
in reply to: tcorey

Thanks for your reply.  I am trying to follow your instructions but I do not see see the load as partial button.  I can load the partial from the menuload command.  I can get it to funcion mostly like I had in 2010 but one of my pop up menus will not pop up. 

To get the right click to work I transferred the button click menus to the 2015.  It will call up my custom menu with a shift right click and it will call up my custom menu for the ctrl+right click but it will not callup the custom menu for the CTRL+SHIFT+RIGHTCLICK.  As stated earlier when I load only the partial file all three menus popup as they did in 2010 version.

What happens is I press shift+click and get menu 1 esc to clear then I press shift+click and menu 1 reappears.  I then press ctrl+click and menu 2 appears as it should, esc to clear then shift+click and menu 2 reappears not menu three (Cal Snap in the code below) 

This does not work in 2015 but does not in 2010.

The macro for Button Macro 20 triggered by ctrl+shift+click is $P0=Cal Snap $p0=*

For reference these work::

The macro for Button Macro 11 triggered by shift+click is $P0=SNAP $p0=*  

The macro for Button Macro 19 triggered by ctrl+click is $P0=Dimension $p0=*  

Maybe it is just a hidden space or something...

Thanks

Message 5 of 6
esfransen
in reply to: esfransen

Got it fixed. Found a dupicate entry for button 20, cleared the assignment and it cleared the way for my 3rd popup.

Thnaks for yall's time. 🙂

Message 6 of 6
esfransen
in reply to: braudpat

Too late 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost