Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Folder

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
BlackBox_
256 Views, 6 Replies

New Folder

Resulting from this thread, I'm curious to know if anyone has a fix for why 'New Folder' in OpenFileDialog results in a new folder, but does not allow one to rename it automatically (without hitting F2), as is the case in Windows/File Explorer?

I see that Autodesk.AutoCAD.Windows.OpenFileDialog does not derive from Microsoft.Win32.OpenFileDialog, but am curious to know the cause, and more specifically if this can be fixed?

Cheers

Using Win8.1x64, IDSP 2014/2015.

"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
gguevarra
in reply to: BlackBox_

I have not had that problem. When I create a new folder in the Open Dialog Box the folder name remains high lighted giving me the option to rename it right away.

Message 3 of 7
GrantsPirate

Happens here, I hope someone posts back with the answer.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 4 of 7
DaveFuller
in reply to: GrantsPirate

I could be mistaken, happens frequently, but I remember reading a thread in a forum, maybe here, that this is either an XP issue or 32 bit issue (Or an XP 32bit issue). If you guys who are experiencing this are using Windows 7 64 bit, then I am incorrect.... Yeah, I know only possibly nominally helpful at best....

Missed the OP is using Windows 8.1 64, never mind

Message 5 of 7
gguevarra
in reply to: DaveFuller

For what it's worth, I'm running Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit, and I do not have that problem.

Message 6 of 7
BlackBox_

FWIW -

As i mention in the linked thread, I first noticed this issue using Win7x64... It just seems to have persisted despite a clean install of Win8.1x64.

Cheers

"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Message 7 of 7
nestly2

I don't have a solution, but it seems not to be a new problem (may go back as far as 2004 or more), but the how and why apparently have never been figured out or fixed.

Related:

Create New Folder button in saveas dialog

New Folder

The latter is the more interesting IMO as Alfred pointed out two methods of creating a new folder from within the dialog box, one selects/highlights the folder, the other does not.  There is also a response from Support acknowledging the problem and stating that it's being "worked on"  (that was March 2012)  LOL

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost