Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help! With solid/surface generation!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
chadclark
416 Views, 5 Replies

Need Help! With solid/surface generation!

I can't figure out the correct way to generate this surface/solid I need to complete my part (motorcycle clutch cover). Help would be much appreciated! You will notice I have a solid for the sides and a solid for the bottom, I now need to have create the joining solid/surface to make it a complete part.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
chadclark
in reply to: chadclark

It is a dome type shape with a different top and bottom profile. Again any insight on this would be appreciated.

Thank You.

Message 3 of 6
Patchy

Something doesn't look right if I slice it

Message 4 of 6
chadclark
in reply to: Patchy

Smiley Happy First, Thank you very much for taking time out to look at this. What you have done is on the right track. This issue is the top profile and bottom profile are on different "Z" planes and I need to create and angled or radius solid connection between the two to make it one part.

Message 5 of 6
dbroad

Chad,

On your drawing, I only see surfaces and other objects, no solids.  On Patchy's drawing, I see solids and assume that he has manipulated your data.  To get a solid from your original drawing, you could surfpatch the missing surface from the boundaries of other surfaces and then surfsculpt it together.  There is a missing piece near one hole that needs to be created before surfpatching.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 6 of 6
Patchy
in reply to: dbroad

I erased the surface, kept the perimeter and REGION then LOFT

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost