Need help with Autocad 3 plots coming out differently out of 50 sheets in set

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
kristian.pal86
324 Views, 6 Replies

Need help with Autocad 3 plots coming out differently out of 50 sheets in set

Hello Everyone

So I am currently having an issue in autocad where we have a drawing set of approx 50 dwgs that are all being pdf'd at A0 size, and then printed at 11x17 or A0 depending on the function of that set.  They are adamant that this is the method desired to do this. And it works quite alright usually, the drawings are all legible at 11x17 and at the A0 scale, except for three drawings. These are the only three drawings in the set which are actually filled with 9 small pdfs viewported in from model space instead of an archtiectural drawing from model space.  But when I print these sheets scaled down from the A0 the title block comes out so light grey its barely readable.  I feel like it has something to do with the lineweight issue in the drawing, maybe a scaling thing but I cant for the life of my make the drawing print as consistently as the others in the set. 

Any help you could give me would be truly apprectaited.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: kristian.pal86

Light grey on screen or on paper? Former is an Adobe reader setting, latter means the wrong plot style table was used to create the pdf.
Message 3 of 7
kristian.pal86
in reply to: pendean

Sorry if I wasnt clear. The Title Block of the plotted 11x17 paper comes out grey even thought it is using the same CTB file as all of the other sheets.
Message 4 of 7
pendean
in reply to: kristian.pal86

Comes out means ... Paper or PDF?
And are you sure the titleblock is the correct color in the DWG file? CTB only works with color.
Are you sure nothing else was set in the DWG file's PAGESETUP?
Message 5 of 7
kristian.pal86
in reply to: pendean

Comes out means on paper. In paper space and as PDFs everything looks identical. Its the same title block, same ctb, same plot style, same everything. The PDFs are created in once batch using all of the same components as the rest of the sheets. The only thing that may be different for some people is that we create A0 pdfs of our drawings and then use THOSE pdfs to print out scaled down 11x17 versions of the pdf for in-house use. I was thinking it mught be an Adobe setting but when plotting using Bluebeam I get the same issue.
Message 6 of 7

Anyone else have any ideas as to what the issue is here?

I feel like the "scale lineweights" checkbox might be a part of the problem when I am making the pdfs

Thanks in advance 

Message 7 of 7

Hello to eveyrone who helped out or gave suggestions for this issue

I discovered what the issue was in the end.   It turned out that the images placed into our sheets were originally jpegs..

I did not realise this but because we had scale lineweights checked in our plot style I believe it was incorporating each jpeg as a single, darker lineweight into the calculations of scaling down all the lineweights in the plot.  This was making our overall plots much too light. I resolved this by using pdfs in the sheet instead of jpegs and I have found that there is a much more logical and proper darkness to the lines after the scaling down of the pdf lineweights over the jpegs lineweights, and it also has a better range depending on the size of our plots.  Thanks again to everyone who gave ideas!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost