need dynamic block with custom attributs/field help

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
rockingchris
313 Views, 2 Replies

need dynamic block with custom attributs/field help

hi guys,

i made a cabinet door as a dynamic block what i can insert in to my drawing and strech to the size i need for my cabinet opening and then i use dataextraction to get my door cutlist,

my question is could i make a custom attribut or filed so everytime i insert a new door (block) in my drawing i have to assign the door a new name/number and the name/number would show in my dataextraction table and on the door in the drawing?

i have my door attached

thanks for any help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tim.turner
in reply to: rockingchris

You have pretty much already described what you need to do, add an attribute to the door block then set up your data extraction to get the attribute and the two dimensions. You are on the right path just keep working on it. I would however question why you would provide a door in 1/32" sizes. I would change it to 1" increments or change the dimensions to list and put in only your standard sizes. If you want to link certain widths with certain heights then you will need to add a lookup set.

Message 3 of 3
rockingchris
in reply to: tim.turner

thanks Tim, i figured that's the way to go.

i have question is it possible to get data information from 2 blocks and link them to one spreed sheet in the same row?

for example a drawer: i insert a drawer plan view block in my plan view drawing of my cabinet with W and D information and give it the attribute ID 1 and then i insert the drawer section view in my section view of that cabinet with the drawer H information and i give it the same attribute ID 1 would that be possible to link the 2 blocks attribute information to one spreed sheet in the same row like i have attached?

thanks

again

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost