Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Objects Shift when Saving

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
anthonyhernandez99
379 Views, 2 Replies

My Objects Shift when Saving

Hey there all! I'm a new AutoCAD'er I've been using AutoCAD '14 for about 2 days nows and I've hit a wall.

I first noticed it when I was doing some final things before my 3D print.

Basically what's happening is that I'll have my objects in place and it's exactly how I want it. When I save however, I can see the objects shift.

Now the only correlation I was able to find is that when I select certain objects, the outline looks as it's supposed to in my first attachment.

When I select certain other objects, the outlines don't seem to be correct. Oddly enough I feel like these are the lines that the objects are snapping to when they're saving. 

Does anyone have any insight or ideas as to what these "off" lines are? And is this what is contributing to my objects moving when I save?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Unfortunately, I believe you're experiencing an issue that has affected many others, and there seems to be no real solution.  Similar topics can be found by earching the forum for "Floating Parts" "Moving Parts" "Ghosting" etc

The only thing I've seen close to a "solution" from Autodesk is to explode the object(s) and then UNDO. LINK  Doing so may still leave the object(s) in the wrong location, but hopefully it will at least syncronize the object and the grips again. You'll likely have to manually move them back to the correct position, so you may want to create some temporary construction lines to use as a reference before attempting the EXPLODE/UNDO. 

If you're on Subscription, I suggest you create a Support request, otherwise you can use the Feedback form to submit a Bug Report. The more people that report the problem, the higher the probablitly that it will get fixed.

Related:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2013-2014-2015/known-issue-quot-3d-objects-offset-from-object-...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2013-2014-2015/autocad-2014-ghosting-problem/m-p/5079264/highl...

Message 3 of 3

Say it isn't so!

I'm really hoping that this isn't the case here. If there's any possiblity of a setting or configuration causing this I'd be a much happier camper. 

I don't know if this will lead to anything different, but one thing I can recall doing was pressing the "Infer Constraints" button. I can't really remember why I had the urge to press the button, I suppose I was trying to explore the program and it's features more.

This is what's leading me to believe it's something I caused. I know just enough to get myself in trouble!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost