Did you mean: 

My new hatch pattern is not working

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
David125
2232 Views, 4 Replies

My new hatch pattern is not working

I'm trying to create a 3"x12" grid pattern.

File name is 3x12.pat:

*Tile, Subwaytile
45, 0,0, 0,.125
*12x3, 12x3_Subway_Tile
0, 0,0, 0,12
90, 0,0, 0,3

When I place this hatch patten on a drawing it shows like ANSI131. Actually any new hatch pattern I make looks like ANSI131. I copied the code for bat insullation into that file and showed up the same. Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
steven-g
in reply to: David125

You have a couple of problems,

In a .pat file you can only have one definition,

The name of the file and the description need to match so 3x12 and 12x3 won't work

I always find this http://www.ellenfinkelstein.com/acadblog/creating-custom-hatch-patterns/ helpfull when I am creating hatches

Message 3 of 5
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: steven-g

@steven-g wrote:

You have a couple of problems,

In a .pat file you can only have one definition,

The name of the file and the description need to match so 3x12 and 12x3 won't work

Just a little clarification....

The acad.pat file can contain as many pattern definitions as you want to put into it, so you could add these there.  [It would be a good idea to make a backup copy of the original before adding to it.]  You would then find them in the "Predefined" list, among AutoCAD's, even if they are actually "custom" patterns.  Only a pattern that will be chosen from the "Custom" option must be in a file by itself.

And in such one-per-file custom patterns, it's the pattern name, rather than the description, that needs to match the file name.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 5
steven-g
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Smiley Very Happy That dus sound better than like wot I wrote, but thats what I meant

Message 5 of 5
David125
in reply to: steven-g

Thanks for the info, I matched the pattern name to the file and it works now. I'm still getting used to the syntax.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost