Did you mean: 

MView gray scale/ black and white

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Jrooker06
1907 Views, 8 Replies

MView gray scale/ black and white

My company received  a autocad file from a architect that he created everything in color in model space but when you go to paper space it shows it as grayscale. we are trying to figure out how they accomplished this so we can mimic it on our drawings so they print correctly. what did they do so we can do the same to or drawing? I have attached the file for reference to help. we are also using AutoCAD 2015.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Jrooker06

I'm not seeing that, it's color anyway I look at it

Message 3 of 9
Jrooker06
in reply to: Anonymous

In the model space, yes it shows up colored as normal but when i change over to the layout tab the viewport shows it as black and white. I attached two pictures to show what i am seeing in my windows.

Message 4 of 9
sthompson1021

Hi, in the page setup of the layout set the plot style to monochrome. then check the display plot styles box under it.

Message 5 of 9
Jrooker06
in reply to: sthompson1021

That worked. thank you for your help.

Message 6 of 9
ms.dtran

I'm having the same issue but for AutoCAD on MAC 2018, does anyone have a different solution?

@Jrooker06 wrote:

My company received  a autocad file from a architect that he created everything in color in model space but when you go to paper space it shows it as grayscale. we are trying to figure out how they accomplished this so we can mimic it on our drawings so they print correctly. what did they do so we can do the same to or drawing? I have attached the file for reference to help. we are also using AutoCAD 2015.

Message 7 of 9
ms.dtran

do you have a solution for AutoCAD for MAC 2018?

@sthompson1021 wrote:

Hi, in the page setup of the layout set the plot style to monochrome. then check the display plot styles box under it.

Message 8 of 9
sthompson1021
in reply to: ms.dtran

I'm not sure how the mac version works but if you can change the viewport color in the layer properties manager, you can click into model space and then set all of the layers to true color 0,0,0. You have to make sure that all objects are set to bylayer for color. Like I said I don't use a mac so not sure if this will work for you or not. If not you may have better luck with a answer in the mac forum https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-for-mac-forum/bd-p/520

Good Luck

Message 9 of 9
ms.dtran

thanks for the link to the forum I'll try that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost