Did you mean: 

Multiple Hatched areas along user defined boundary

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
paramo4546
279 Views, 2 Replies

Multiple Hatched areas along user defined boundary

Hello,

I (beginner on Autocad) need help finding an alternative way of doing a certain repetitive task in the most efficient way.

Attached to the post is a screen shot of what I need to work on. The dwrg show different streets for which I need to Hatch along them. The streets have “stations” to identify position and distance along each street.

I need to start from one point on the desired street and stop hatching at another point further down the street.

I want to use the already used stationing, alignment or scale running along center line of the street.

e.x. hatch along “x” street from station “x-xxx” to “x-xxx”.

The way I am doing it now is creating a rectangle inside the street. I would choose the starting and end point “eye-balling” the stations provided (xx-xxx). The rectangular start and finish where I need it to and is as wide as the street. Then, I would just watch the rectangle.

I have to create many different hatched areas for which this method would take forever. I need a method that let me use the alignment (scale or stations however you want to call it) to start and end hatching and to be as wide as the road in order to increase accuracy by using the stations and not just eye-balling it.

If using a code is the fastest way, Is there a code I can use that let me just write the initial station xx-xxx to end station xx-xxx and the code would do hatch as wide as the street in that desired area?

I have done coding on other software but not in AutoCAD.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
drafter1411
in reply to: paramo4546

In Civil 3d, I usually copy the edge of pavement lines and paste them some where in a blank spot and hatch them. Then move the hatch back to the origin.  

Message 3 of 3
hencoop
in reply to: paramo4546

It would take some programming.  I've done alignment programming that locates starting and ending stations for various functions including hatching but for a different purpose.  Breaking it out from my commercial product and modifying it to meet your purpose would be too much work for me.  This reply is primarily to let you know that it can be done with some coding... just about anything you want to automate can be automated in AutoCAD.

AutoCAD User since 1989. Civil Engineering Professional since 1983
Product Ver.: 13.6.1781.0 Civil 3D 2024.3 Update
Built On:        U.152.0.0 AutoCAD 2024.1.2
                        27.0.37.14 Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2024.0.1
                        8.6.52.0 AutoCAD Architecture 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost