Did you mean: 

Multiple Block Insert Autolisp

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
cncah
1349 Views, 2 Replies

Multiple Block Insert Autolisp

I have a couple dozen different dwg files that I use macros to insert blocks from into other drawings. Instead of having 25 to 50 different macro buttons, is there a way to have a "Multiple Block Insert Lisp". Where I start with the most used blocks and on the first block have it prompt the user if they want to insert block "PKT411LH?" Then if the user types n; Then it will proceed to the next block in the program, ask if they want to insert block "COT?" Then if they pick an insertion point or type y; then pick the insertion point... I'm not sure how to go about the prompt for user info, to use the "if" or "cond" functions. I appreciate any help on this. Or just some ideas to get me started. Thank You.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
p_mcknight
in reply to: cncah

This is definately possible but I'm not sure if how you are describing the solution would make for the best solution.  Does each separate file contain only one block or are there multiple blocks in each file?  Is it possible for you to share the files for me to review and determine a solution that might work for you?  Would it be best to go through one at a time as you describe or would a visual list of drawings that the user can select from be better?  I am just trying to understand the flow a bit better to make sure you get the best case solution.

Message 3 of 3
cncah
in reply to: p_mcknight

I appreciate the reply but I already have a program where I prompt for user info on if they want to insert the block or not, if they answer yes, then I ask them to pick an insertion point, followed by the rotatation angle. To get around some of the trickier block inserts, I just create the layer from scratch and draw the entity based off of measurements taken automatically from existing geometry. It works pretty well and I was able to alter a few of the parts design so that it would cut down on the number of blocks I was going to have to cycle through.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost